Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:54 AM   #1
nephlin
macrumors newbie

iPhone wifi quit on me

iPhone wifi not working

I purchased this iPhone brand new a few months ago and until now everything was working perfectly. Out of nowhere my iPhone stopped detecting wifi networks. I've tried resetting it and manually configuring wifi setting, but nothing works. Does anyone else have this problem? I took it to the apple store in town and they said for $110 they would give me the exact same model brand new, no questions asked. I want to be sure before I spend the money.
iPad4 and $1,000 GC Giveaway
nephlin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

If you purchased it brand new a few months ago and there's no physical or liquid damage then Apple should replace it for free.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:13 AM   #3
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephlin View Post
iPhone wifi not working

I purchased this iPhone brand new a few months ago and until now everything was working perfectly. Out of nowhere my iPhone stopped detecting wifi networks. I've tried resetting it and manually configuring wifi setting, but nothing works. Does anyone else have this problem? I took it to the apple store in town and they said for $110 they would give me the exact same model brand new, no questions asked. I want to be sure before I spend the money.
It sounds like your Wifi cable could be disconnected or damaged. Sometimes dropping the device, or water damage can cause the wifi connection to be faulty.

If you open up your device you should be able to see if this is the case. If you are unfamiliar with iPhone hardware I'd recommend taking Apple's offer and getting a new device.
FixBrokeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:11 PM   #4
nephlin
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
If you purchased it brand new a few months ago and there's no physical or liquid damage then Apple should replace it for free.
The only issue there is it was purchased while I was overseas. So I'd have to go replace it there. At least that's what the store said when they looked up my device info.
iPad4 and $1,000 GC Giveaway
nephlin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:32 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephlin View Post
The only issue there is it was purchased while I was overseas. So I'd have to go replace it there. At least that's what the store said when they looked up my device info.
That sucks.
There's no official apple stores in your country?
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting