Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nephlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
iPhone wifi not working

I purchased this iPhone brand new a few months ago and until now everything was working perfectly. Out of nowhere my iPhone stopped detecting wifi networks. :( I've tried resetting it and manually configuring wifi setting, but nothing works. Does anyone else have this problem? I took it to the apple store in town and they said for $110 they would give me the exact same model brand new, no questions asked. I want to be sure before I spend the money.

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
iPhone wifi not working

I purchased this iPhone brand new a few months ago and until now everything was working perfectly. Out of nowhere my iPhone stopped detecting wifi networks. :( I've tried resetting it and manually configuring wifi setting, but nothing works. Does anyone else have this problem? I took it to the apple store in town and they said for $110 they would give me the exact same model brand new, no questions asked. I want to be sure before I spend the money.
It sounds like your Wifi cable could be disconnected or damaged. Sometimes dropping the device, or water damage can cause the wifi connection to be faulty.

If you open up your device you should be able to see if this is the case. If you are unfamiliar with iPhone hardware I'd recommend taking Apple's offer and getting a new device.

nephlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
If you purchased it brand new a few months ago and there's no physical or liquid damage then Apple should replace it for free.

The only issue there is it was purchased while I was overseas. So I'd have to go replace it there. At least that's what the store said when they looked up my device info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.