Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:03 AM   #1
timek4
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Macbook not showing serial number.

Hi everyone, have a 2008 macbook, I got the motherboard replaced on it about 2 years ago and I want to sell it on, but the serial number is not showing up, only realised this now. Anybody know why? and how to get it to show up?

Thanks.
__________________
21" iMac, 13" MacBook Pro, 32GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad Mini, 2TB Apple Time Capsule
timek4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:02 AM   #2
T5BRICK
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by timek4 View Post
Hi everyone, have a 2008 macbook, I got the motherboard replaced on it about 2 years ago and I want to sell it on, but the serial number is not showing up, only realised this now. Anybody know why? and how to get it to show up?

Thanks.
Whoever replaced your logic board didn't set the serial number. Normally this is done by Apple.
T5BRICK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:12 PM   #3
timek4
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5BRICK View Post
Whoever replaced your logic board didn't set the serial number. Normally this is done by Apple.
Do you think if I ring them they could reset it?
__________________
21" iMac, 13" MacBook Pro, 32GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad Mini, 2TB Apple Time Capsule
timek4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:47 PM   #4
T5BRICK
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by timek4 View Post
Do you think if I ring them they could reset it?
Probably not. You'll most likely need to send it in.
T5BRICK is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC