Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:37 PM   #51
Potus
macrumors 6502

Hmmm, Let's See

I actually have very small hands. My best friend has only one arm. Another friend has MS. We love the size of the iPhone. There is no reason for anyone not liking the size of the iPhone to buy one. As has been said, there are phones of every size; just go and get one. Don't post on how the iPhone is the wrong size. Your opinion is simply your opinion and worth every dime I paid to get it, which is to say, nothing.
Potus is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:50 PM   #52
s15119
macrumors 6502a

[QUOTE=SomeDudeAsking;16476141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgedi77 View Post

Not my problem if you don't like the momentum effect. Sheep following sheep is just another way of saying that people were buying the iPhone 5 because others around them were, just like with Windows 7.
It's your problem when you don't use logic and reason. Instead you base your judgement on assumtions. But then, you think everyone is sheeple, except you, of course.
s15119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:10 PM   #53
Random 995K
macrumors 6502

The OP is a troll. Who buys a 4 inch phone wanting a bigger sized one immediately. Go with the phablet and enjoy your life.

Performance wise the Iphone 5 is still the king and yes i am including the note 2's battery life despite it being 3 times larger xD

It's quite hilarious how google have absolutely no idea on optimisation.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6386/s...ew-t-mobile-/4

EDIT: Couldn't help but to add this, http://www.anandtech.com/show/6386/s...ew-t-mobile-/3
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:25 PM   #54
SavMBP15
macrumors 6502

It is called the iPad mini.
SavMBP15 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:51 PM   #55
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlypeace View Post
.....galaxy note 2 just blows iPhone and all other phones and mobile devices out of the water in my view
I don't care what your opinion is. Have fun with your G2N.
AFDoc is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:20 PM   #56
Fattytail
macrumors 6502a

The number of Android trolls on here is incredible.

I had a Galaxy Note 2 but returned it and stuck with my iPhone 5. The Note is a fine device. Battery life is great, runs really smoothly. Pretty impressive. But it's just not as easy to use as my iPhone. And the damn thing is way too big. I don't mind other people staring at me when I'm using it, but I do dislike the lack of usability because of the size. That and I feel like as large as the screen is, it's still too small to be a satisfying tablet.

I would be interested to see what Apple could do with a device of that size though. They're much better at usability design.
Fattytail is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:27 PM   #57
teejaysyke
macrumors member

If they released a 4.5" iPhone. It could theoretically be perfect. Keep a 4" model for the people that don't need larger phones. While pleasing the people with a large phone that isn't TOO large.

Hell even a 4.8" iPhone would be awesome. The retina displays would be amazing, and it could seriously compete with Android.
teejaysyke is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:20 PM   #58
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDiplomat View Post
Cool story bro.
Flawless ownage!! Nothing more needs to be said here.
iHailCarlo is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:10 AM   #59
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Enjoy your phablet.
Jordan921 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:45 AM   #60
ericgedi77
macrumors newbie

[QUOTE=SomeDudeAsking;16476141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgedi77 View Post

Not my problem if you don't like the momentum effect. Sheep following sheep is just another way of saying that people were buying the iPhone 5 because others around them were, just like with Windows 7.
My reason for buying an iPhone vs the other choices has nothing to do with being a sheep. It's a personnel choice I made based on what I like, so you can take your 2 bit opinion and flush it!

Your purpose for being here is to be an ass and start an argument. Congrats you've accomplished your goals using stupidity and illogical reasoning.

Yay you, your special!
ericgedi77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:46 AM   #61
Bahroo
macrumors 65816

Yeah im using my iPhone 5 because i am hypnotized by Apple... No i just love the combination of the sleek sexy looking phone, how well the software works and how fast it does things, and how nice the software looks as a whole. Has the iOS become a little stale over the years? Sure, but iOS 7 will be a huge drastic update so i am not worried
Bahroo is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:51 AM   #62
Browns2212
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Yeah im using my iPhone 5 because i am hypnotized by Apple... No i just love the combination of the sleek sexy looking phone, how well the software works and how fast it does things, and how nice the software looks as a whole. Has the iOS become a little stale over the years? Sure, but iOS 7 will be a huge drastic update so i am not worried
Not only that, but I don't "need" my operating system/phone to do a million things.

I've only been using iOS since March, when I got an iPad 2. I've already seen one update (to iOS 6). So, I don't really look at it as being stale because it's fairly new to me coming from Gingerbread.

I like iOS. It's simple, quick, and I just like the "look" of the whole thing. Not sure why, I just think it looks good and have enjoyed both my iPad 2 and iPhone 5. Actually, just bought an iPad Retina Display for my family for X-Mas and and iPod Touch (4th Gen) for my son for X- Mas. Also, my wife is due for an upgrade early in January and she wants to get the iPhone 5 because she likes mine.
Browns2212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:23 PM   #63
raf66
macrumors regular

So you bought a 4" phone when there were several other, larger-screen phones on the market (many of which were cheaper) and then complaint about the screen size of the phone YOU CHOSE TO PURCHASE? And WE'RE the sheep?!

Um, ok.

I guess I'll never understand these kids (whether they're actually kids or adults who behave like kids, doesn't matter) who come to forums dedicated to iPhones and extol the virtues of another brand of phone. Isn't there an Android-centric forum you could visit? Sounds like you've got too much time on your hands.

Sheesh. Trolls.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:40 PM   #64
matttye
macrumors 601

Used android for three years (HTC desire, galaxy s2 and s3). Got iPhone 5 and prefer iOS. Its just more well thought out.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:00 PM   #65
LSUtigers03
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Has the iOS become a little stale over the years? Sure, but iOS 7 will be a huge drastic update so i am not worried
I'm curious what makes you think that iOS 7 will be a drastic change?
LSUtigers03 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:22 PM   #66
Bahroo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtigers03 View Post
I'm curious what makes you think that iOS 7 will be a drastic change?
Well not drastic but Jony Ivy is defitnetly going to switch the UI up and change things around and add critical things like (quick settings, redisgned homescreen and apps and etc ) while keeping the simplicity intack
Bahroo is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:41 PM   #67
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:
Well not drastic but Jony Ivy is defitnetly going to switch the UI up and change things around and add critical things like (quick settings, redisgned homescreen and apps and etc ) while keeping the simplicity intack
I wish I was as optimistic as you. Hopefully you're right.
onthecouchagain is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:00 PM   #68
nickchallis92
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
OP is ga-ga over stylus.

I remember the palms, the PDAs, people lose their stylus, this was 20 years ago, then they disappeared. I think there must be a reason.
Ha! Another reason why the Note 2 is brilliant, it tells you when you've left your stylus behind!
nickchallis92 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:04 PM   #69
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff-Man02 View Post
What does this have to do with anything? Hold your Phone directly before your eyes: above 300ppi you can't see any pixels and on such a small screen you cannot tell the difference between 720p, 1080p 4k or whatever. The TVs were meant as examples to show that even on screens way beyond 4"/5"/6" it is not possible to tell whether you have a 1080p video or 720p one. At the end, it's all down to pixel density and you can have a gazilion ppi and you still wouldn't be able to relish them all.
I don't know about you but I can most definitely see the pixels. It's not bad, especially from a distance, but they are most certainly visible.
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:16 PM   #70
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
You have absolutely no way of knowing that. Merely guessing at this stage. I do however hope that you are right. iOS needs refreshing.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:33 PM   #71
Bahroo
macrumors 65816

All i am saying is that the iPhone just needs a simple refresh on the software side for it to boom again... I think iOS7 will deliver
Bahroo is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:46 PM   #72
tbayrgs
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was Jony Ive was responsible for the design elements of iOS now (i.e. aesthetics) while overall responsibility of iOS fall to Eddy Cue. I'd say most of the complaints regarding iOS fall under the 'function' side and if what I understand is true, Jony won't have any impact on this. And while I'd like to see increased ability to customize the home screen/lock screen, I'd much rather see Apple open up iOS to allow for some of the flexibility of Android (choosing a different app for a function, i.e browser, ability to share content with any app you've installed, access to the file system) and really don't expect to see it happen.
tbayrgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:50 PM   #73
Technarchy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
I wish I was as optimistic as you. Hopefully you're right.
I think the better question is why do people think iOS will be better off in Jony's hands.

I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hardware design is not the same as user interface and user experience development.

I don't give a damn about replacing skeuomorphism. That does nothing to progress glance and go capabilities, or bolster interaction elements.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:03 PM   #74
F123D
macrumors 68040

Location: Rootmetrics.com Verizon 96.7 | AT&T 96.6 | T-Mobile 96.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundyyears View Post

Oh boy, a stylus!
When you think outside the box, innovate, and be creative, yes, a stylus.

Thumb resize.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
Now enjoy and good riddance
Its comments like this that give apple users a bad name.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:39 PM   #75
Tinmania
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
People who use the iPhone are hypnotized by apple because you don't like it? The iPhone works perfectly for most of us on this site since we are smart enough to know that a "smartPHONE" is for texting and making calls (with some browsing and app use when we are bored)
Smart enough to know that a smart phone is for texting and making calls (with some browsing and app use when bored)? A new low.

By that ridiculous definition this is a smart phone...
Attached Images

Tinmania is online now   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices