Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlingZXC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
I bought a black iPod touch 5g last Thursday from challenger . However, the next day when I decided to recheck the iPod touch, I spotted scratches on the back of the iPod touch . Those scratches looked like its been dropped . I also didn't have the time to go back to challenger as its too far away from my house . I manage to go challenger yesterday to demand an exchange . To my surprised , that lady said it is not possible for exchanging . That lady said I could return if there are any scratches found in 7 days when I bought it last Thursday . She said I should go to Apple to demand an exchange instead going to them . What can I do???

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
There will be scratches on the back of every iPod touch after a few weeks of use. Apple will tell you it wasn't bought from the so can't help you with cosmetic issues. If it was hardware or software related, they'd exchange it there and then. But then again, if you go along and are nice, without major 'entitlement' you may get lucky.

Lesson for next time to buy directly from Apple.

FlingZXC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
There will be scratches on the back of every iPod touch after a few weeks of use. Apple will tell you it wasn't bought from the so can't help you with cosmetic issues. If it was hardware or software related, they'd exchange it there and then. But then again, if you go along and are nice, without major 'entitlement' you may get lucky.

Lesson for next time to buy directly from Apple.
Oh well , if apple claims like what you said , not possible for exchanging since not bought directly from them , that means I have to live with that scratch??? Which I did not even caused it myself ? I really learn to buy from apple directly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.