Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Macy's local store has some minis in stock. Shocked me cause no one else does. The closer we get to Xmas, the harder they will be to purchase as folks waiting will scarf any up at retail stores.

subashll

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
iPad mini keyboard

It is a electronic device which is used in all over the world. iPad cost also high. I tested both of iPad mini keyboard cases and either is a nice accessory.

huskerchad

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
With the iPhone 5, Apple stared updating retail store stock at 10PM and you were able to reserve them if you watched the online store at the right time and got your order in quickly. Right now the iPad mini shows out of stock everywhere I have looked. Does anyone know if they are doing a similar thing with nightly stock for the mini, and if the updates are at 10PM?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
With the iPhone 5, Apple stared updating retail store stock at 10PM and you were able to reserve them if you watched the online store at the right time and got your order in quickly. Right now the iPad mini shows out of stock everywhere I have looked. Does anyone know if they are doing a similar thing with nightly stock for the mini, and if the updates are at 10PM?

Sometimes the updates don't happen until later, but yes, start checking at 10PM local time.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Macy's local store has some minis in stock. Shocked me cause no one else does. The closer we get to Xmas, the harder they will be to purchase as folks waiting will scarf any up at retail stores.

Was it in one of those giant electronics vending machines they have? I know they have had iPods etc there in the past. Those machines are pretty cool.

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Tekserve got more Mini's in today. My 16GB Black WiFi just shipped today. Should have it by the end of the week. ;)

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Ah, Apple: you're the only company that can afford to purposefully create an artificially high demand for your product by restricting supply. And you're so damn good at it.

I'm sure there are many who have unintentionally sought out Minis despite the fact that they don't really want/need it.

It's true that which you can't obtain becomes more desirable.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Not sure what model you are after, and assuming you are in the UK.... amazon.co.uk show 16GB Wifi black available and delivered for 20th.

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Ah, Apple: you're the only company that can afford to purposefully create an artificially high demand for your product by restricting supply. And you're so damn good at it.

I'm sure there are many who have unintentionally sought out Minis despite the fact that they don't really want/need it.

What happened was they forecasted 6 million Mini sales through the end of the year, and they blew by that long ago. OTOH, as you can see from the fact that the full size iPads are everywhere, I don't think Apple was anticipating the wide uptake of the Mini so quickly.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
64GB Minis are in most stores I've visited. 16 and even 32 is nowhere to be found. Not many are willing to pay a 60% premium over the price of a 16GB model for an additional 48GB of storage, which is pretty outrageous..

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
I was refreshing the "pick your store" page in my shopping cart and randomly at around 1:30pm yesterday there was availability for a 16GB wifi only black mini at the Apple Store at the Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus, NJ. When I went to pick it up the guy told me they got about 50 in yesterday morning of the 16gb wifi versions. Might be worth calling them if you're still looking and are in the northern NJ area

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

Ridiculous to think that Apple needs to artificially create demand by limiting supply. Apple wants to sell as many damn mini's as possible. They can't just assume that people will wait around and not purchase something else. My guess is they underestimated demand, or knew demand would be high but just can't make them fast enough.

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Ridiculous to think that Apple needs to artificially create demand by limiting supply. Apple wants to sell as many damn mini's as possible. They can't just assume that people will wait around and not purchase something else. My guess is they underestimated demand, or knew demand would be high but just can't make them fast enough.

I don't know... it would be even more ridiculous in my opinion to think a company with 80 billion dollars can't have what they want in the blink of an eye.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I don't know... it would be even more ridiculous in my opinion to think a company with 80 billion dollars can't have what they want in the blink of an eye.

Your original argument makes zero sense, especially in a holiday quarter when many people are buying these as Christmas gifts. The iPad is not some new product category that Apple needs to artificially hype demand for. If LG and AU Optronics were/are having display yield issues Tim Cook can't just wave more money in their face and make the problem to away.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Just walked into my Apple store and picked one up (black iPad mini 16GB)...the iPad 4 might be going back...iPad mini is fantastic!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.