Ordered on Dec 3rd and still processing. Delivery time: 4th-10th of January
macuserpl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:48 AM   #2302
LogicPro
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuserpl View Post
Ordered on the 6th, and also still processing. Delivery: originally 7-11th, revised to 3-9th. NYC.
LogicPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:50 AM   #2303
mchoffa
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuserpl View Post
They haven't even gotten all of the first day, or even the first hour, out yet... if your delivery window is January 4th-10th, it could be processing until January
mchoffa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:52 AM   #2304
WilliamG
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoffa View Post
They haven't even gotten all of the first day, or even the first hour, out yet... if your delivery window is January 4th-10th, it could be processing until January
Or, it could ship today/tomorrow. You never know, it seems!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:53 AM   #2305
arthur23
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkautosports View Post
FDX28 flew last Friday and the Friday before that... Dunno where you saw that

My guess is that yours is on FDX90, which leaves at 11:22PM CST[COLOR="#808080"]
If you look at this link http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX28 it doesn't show a Dec 14 departure.
arthur23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:53 AM   #2306
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

On Phone With UPS

I managed to get the number for UPS tech support. Anyone who wants to phone and bitch them out dial 877-289-6418.

They told me that all of us who received an email through UPS My Choice should ignore it. Their excuse was that My Choice only works for domestic shipments. This is a bunch of BS. Anyway, my iMac won't be here until Monday. It makes no difference to me, because I won't be able to set it up until next Wednesday, anyway. But, other people who are waiting will be disappointed. Call UPS and bitch them out.

My tracking page still says Anchorage, but it is really in Kentucky according to a phone rep. I told the tech support guy that they should fix their software. Please feel free to phone and harass them.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:56 AM   #2307
Razorhog
macrumors 6502a

Ordered on Dec 5th:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

Available to ship: 4 - 5 Weeks
Delivers Jan 9 - Jan 15 via Standard Shipping

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I managed to get the number for UPS tech support. Anyone who wants to phone and bitch them out dial 877-289-6418.

They told me that all of us who received an email through UPS My Choice should ignore it. Their excuse was that My Choice only works for domestic shipments. This is a bunch of BS. Anyway, my iMac won't be here until Monday. It makes no difference to me, because I won't be able to set it up until next Wednesday, anyway. But, other people who are waiting will be disappointed. Call UPS and bitch them out.

My tracking page still says Anchorage, but it is really in Kentucky according to a phone rep. I told the tech support guy that they should fix their software. Please feel free to phone and harass them.
It's not the software, it's probably a missed scan for the shipment when it arrived in KY. I used to load trucks for UPS, and when a package didn't scan, sometimes things were going too fast to manually enter it. Or I simply forgot to scan the package. Of course that was about 15 years ago so the scanning process is probably a little more automated now. At any rate, I hope you get a tracking update soon.
Razorhog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:57 AM   #2308
aneftp
macrumors 68040

More updates for those of us with UPS last update leaving Alaska Dec 11th at 910PM.

My UPS source (my wife's uncle with UPS. He's retired now but got just working a few weeks back at UPS for holiday season cause he's bored). He says he's extremely perplex what's going on. He says UPS has more than enough "capacity" and "lift" to get the packages out of Louisville to their final destinations.

What's he's wondering right now is that UPS could be just holding all these "consolidated packages" in Louisville for "super saturday" sorting. He says this would not make any sense why they wouldn't want to unload all these packages now instead of getting swamped next week because of the holidays.

Either way, he says my package has to be updated by Sunday or else it may not even come on Monday now.

Last edited by aneftp; Dec 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
aneftp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:59 AM   #2309
byeehaaw
macrumors 6502

WOOOOOOT! FINALLY PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT!!!

GL TO ALL THOSE LEFT IN THE 5 MIN CLUB!

27" 2012 iMac 2.9ghz i5 1tb fusion
byeehaaw is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:02 AM   #2310
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
More updates for those of us with UPS last update leaving Alaska Dec 11th at 910PM.

My UPS source (my wife's uncle with UPS. He's retired now but got just working a few weeks back at UPS for holiday season cause he's bored). He says he's extremely perplex what's going on. He says UPS has more than enough "capacity" and "life" to get the packages out of Louisville to their final destinations.

What's he's wondering right now is that UPS could be just holding all these "consolidated packages" in Louisville for "super saturday" sorting. He says this would not make any sense why they wouldn't want to unload all these packages now instead of getting swamped next week because of the holidays.

Either way, he says my package has to be updated by Sunday or else it may not even come on Monday now.
Yep, they've been sitting in Louisville for 2 days now. Maybe we should start a class action suit against them for misrepresenting when packages are to be delivered.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
Ordered on Dec 5th:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

Available to ship: 4 - 5 Weeks
Delivers Jan 9 - Jan 15 via Standard Shipping

----------

It's not the software, it's probably a missed scan for the shipment when it arrived in KY. I used to load trucks for UPS, and when a package didn't scan, sometimes things were going too fast to manually enter it. Or I simply forgot to scan the package. Of course that was about 15 years ago so the scanning process is probably a little more automated now. At any rate, I hope you get a tracking update soon.
There's several of us who got the same email through UPS My Choice quoting today delivery. They decided to hold them in Louisville instead.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:05 AM   #2311
dryice589
macrumors member

Quote:

My UPS source (my wife's uncle with UPS. He's retired now but got just working a few weeks back at UPS for holiday season cause he's bored). He says he's extremely perplex what's going on. He says UPS has more than enough "capacity" and "lift" to get the packages out of Louisville to their final destinations.

Thanks for the update. Sad news...
dryice589 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:06 AM   #2312
jkautosports
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur23 View Post
If you look at this link http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX28 it doesn't show a Dec 14 departure.
As it gets closer to the states it will show up. International flights are always crazy like that

If you type "FDX28" in Google it shows that it is enroute...

Last edited by jkautosports; Dec 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
jkautosports is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2313
Schatje
macrumors newbie

Ours arrived this morning. It scanned in Shanghai on Wed, but said received after Fedex cutoff time. It actually left Shanghai yesterday, and arrived last night in Memphis. Arrived in EWR at 6:37am today, and I received it 3 hours later.

So, no stop in Anchorage for us, although it seems like only UPS packages are moving through there this time (our phones came through Anchorage last time, and were Fedex delivered).
Schatje is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2314
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by byeehaaw View Post
WOOOOOOT! FINALLY PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT!!!

GL TO ALL THOSE LEFT IN THE 5 MIN CLUB!

Yay! That's awesome news!! Grats!
bayleaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:14 AM   #2315
JonnyIreland
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayleaves View Post
Yay! That's awesome news!! Grats!
Me too, happy for you also!
I guess we'll be 'plane buddies next week!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	383570  
JonnyIreland is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:14 AM   #2316
bizango
macrumors newbie

Yipee!! Mine switched to "preparing for shipping" sometime last night!

I was in the 11/30 club, but a 7am pst order. I'm feeling guilty for the 5 & 10 minute club members still stuck on processing...but don't lose hope!! That apple order page apparently does change, despite my recent beliefs otherwise.

Grapes sure taste good after all that cucumber. (lol video, btw!)

i7, 1tb fusion, 680mx
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:15 AM   #2317
jkautosports
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatje View Post
Ours arrived this morning. It scanned in Shanghai on Wed, but said received after Fedex cutoff time. It actually left Shanghai yesterday, and arrived last night in Memphis. Arrived in EWR at 6:37am today, and I received it 3 hours later.

So, no stop in Anchorage for us, although it seems like only UPS packages are moving through there this time (our phones came through Anchorage last time, and were Fedex delivered).
Hmm interesting. It seems that mine has gone to Anchorage... I know that the flight then continues from Anchorage to Memphis... I was thinking they might move it to a connecting flight from Anchorage to EWR... Doesn't make sense for them to send it to Memphis first, and then another flight to EWR (they could have just put it on the direct flight to Memphis then).

I don't know if shipping is supposed to be this suspenseful
jkautosports is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:16 AM   #2318
BSoares
macrumors regular

Just a little ago there was an extra scan in KY for Import Scan which means now it can be scanned for Departure and finally come my way. So that means the page is correct and it will really just get here on Monday

Not sure why it was there for more than 2 days before it got scanned for Import. The iPad mini I got this week got through that in about 1/2 day.
BSoares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:17 AM   #2319
noahc
macrumors member

Quote:

Really appreciate the insider perspective that your uncle has been providing -- please make sure he knows that all the obsessive guys on the Mac Rumors forums thank him for his info!

I would expect to see this broken apart today and shipped out starting today for delivery Monday (lets them send some of these by ground to places within 2 days drive from Louisville).

For this type of shipment, for which we've all received for "free" from Apple, UPS has a certain service level. While there is no doubt that they COULD have moved them faster, for whatever reason they have chosen not to. Its disappointing since we were all so surprised and happy when we saw these ship on Monday morning, but I'm confident that we WILL see them as promised next week and this is still a week in advance of when Apple originally promised it.
noahc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:23 AM   #2320
millk18
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echomango View Post
Indeed! Had the same reaction as I saw my status perseverating "processing" We ordered about the same time and have the same result thus far. Does this make us processing brothers?
We hang together, Brother Echomango. I will try to follow to see how things go for you. I wonder how many of us "11/30s" are left? Let's hear from the "11/30s".

"I want my new iMac!", he said screaming to the sky.
millk18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:25 AM   #2321
RichiMac
macrumors member

the lurker has awakened!

Well, once I crossed the international date line to Alaska, things went relatively fast. Made it out of Anchorage in less than 1 1/2 hrs. Now I am stacked up in Louisville with everyone else. UPS gave me a Wednesday 19th delivery date. If only I had not listened to the Apple rep when she talked me out of upgrading my shipping! Actually, I can't complain about the delivery date, which is 5 days earlier than the original date. I just wish it was coming by FedEx instead of UPS. At least 80% of UPS deliveries I get come in crushed boxes. Including one of my1st day iPhone deliveries.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Louisville, KY, United States 12/14/2012 7:15 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 12/13/2012 9:10 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 7:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 12/14/2012 4:56 A.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 12/13/2012 9:04 P.M. Export Scan
12/13/2012 5:50 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 1:19 P.M. Origin Scan
China 12/13/2012 12:02 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Shipping Information
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:26 AM   #2322
blastair
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millk18 View Post
We hang together, Brother Echomango. I will try to follow to see how things go for you. I wonder how many of us "11/30s" are left? Let's hear from the "11/30s".
I'm an 11/30-er. Ordered around noon, really hoping for "Preparing For Shipment" sometime before Monday if possible!

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
1TB Fusion
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX
blastair is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:27 AM   #2323
oldgeezer
macrumors member

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Preparing for Shipment. [TAP DANCE!!] [SHOUTS OF JOY] Better than sex.....well maybe not.

Ordered 11/30 at 8:30 EDT

I5 - 3.2 ghz
1TB Fusion
Trackpad
Pages Installed
oldgeezer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:32 AM   #2324
zemzabob
macrumors regular

So I was just told by an Apple supervisor that because of all the complaints about shipping on these new iMac's that they will start doing all orders like they do iphone orders no early shipping just hold orders in till your estimated shipping date, I hope this is not true because that would suck I'm happy to be getting my iMac a week early.
zemzabob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:33 AM   #2325
bnghle234
macrumors newbie

Finally! Preparing for shippment. Thought this day would never come! I ordered on 11/30 around 8am PST.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	8
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	383572  
bnghle234 is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac