Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:42 AM   #2326
millk18
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnghle234 View Post
Finally! Preparing for shippment. Thought this day would never come! I ordered on 11/30 around 8am PST.
Way to go, fellow 11/30er! You have left the fold.

No news here in St. Louis Missouri from a 7:30am, 11:30er.

Watching for you, Brother Echomango.

Ordered online at 7:30am on November 30, St. Louis MO
27"/ 3.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 3TB Fusion Drive /GTX 680MX
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping
Called and got shipping changed to Dec 20-27 via 2-3 day Business Days
millk18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2327
WilliamG
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemzabob View Post
So I was just told by an Apple supervisor that because of all the complaints about shipping on these new iMac's that they will start doing all orders like they do iphone orders no early shipping just hold orders in till your estimated shipping date, I hope this is not true because that would suck I'm happy to be getting my iMac a week early.
That would be utterly idiotic. You really don't want to give customers time to cancel their orders. I think the supervisor was just grumpy because we're all so.... grumpy.

Anyway, it looks like for the majority of us the saga is almost at an end. That's a good thing, right? What are we going to complain about when we all have our iMacs?!

Oooh I know! NO FIREWIRE PORT!? WTF!!!! I have to use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter to get Firewire? UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Wait... what? No DVD drive? WTF?! How am I going to watch my wedding video for the first time since I got married 10 years ago?! HOW, damnit? Buy an external drive, you say? UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's NOT acceptable to complain about not having enough ports to attach things to when we don't want to sully our computers with attachments anyway, right?! . I only want to see one cable, and that's the power cable! *poking fun at ...those.... people...*
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:46 AM   #2328
hfg
macrumors 68020

Well ... those on the 12/11 9:10PM Anchorage flight ...

My tracking status just NOW updated with Import Scan in KY 30 minutes ago. So ... despite the UPS MY CHOICE eMail that it would be delivered today ... I guess it won't and will be Monday as the tracking info shows.

Must have been just joy-riding on the plane for the last few days!

Code:
Location	Date	Local Time	Activity
Louisville, KY, United States	 12/14/2012	 12:10 P.M.	Import Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States	 12/11/2012	 9:10 P.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/12/2012	 5:12 A.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/11/2012	 2:11 P.M.	Export Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/10/2012	 10:50 P.M.	Departure Scan
12/10/2012	 6:45 P.M.	Origin Scan
China	 12/10/2012	 7:21 A.M.	Order Processed: Ready for UPS
hfg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:48 AM   #2329
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizango View Post
Grapes sure taste good after all that cucumber.
Love it! Yeah, the cucumber is getting pretty old now.
bayleaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:48 AM   #2330
zemzabob
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
That would be utterly idiotic. You really don't want to give customers time to cancel their orders. I think the supervisor was just grumpy because we're all so.... grumpy.

Anyway, it looks like for the majority of us the saga is almost at an end. That's a good thing, right? What are we going to complain about when we all have our iMacs?!

Oooh I know! NO FIREWIRE PORT!? WTF!!!! I have to use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter to get Firewire? UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Wait... what? No DVD drive? WTF?! How am I going to watch my wedding video for the first time since I got married 10 years ago?! HOW, damnit? Buy an external drive, you say? UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's NOT acceptable to complain about not having enough ports to attach things to when we don't want to sully our computers with attachments anyway, right?! . I only want to see one cable, and that's the power cable! *poking fun at ...those.... people...*
That was my thoughts exactly!
zemzabob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:54 AM   #2331
dryice589
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
Better than sex.....
Maybe for an "old geezer" haha! Sorry I just had to!
dryice589 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:58 AM   #2332
RichiMac
macrumors member

UPS arrival condition??

As more and more iMacs get delivered by UPS I, for one, would love to get feedback from the lucky receivers on the condition the packaging was in when it arrived.

As I said earlier, UPS packages are usually damaged when I get them. So here is hoping you (and I) all get them in pristine condition (like Fedex does them).

Let us know please!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:00 PM   #2333
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemzabob View Post
So I was just told by an Apple supervisor that because of all the complaints about shipping on these new iMac's that they will start doing all orders like they do iphone orders no early shipping just hold orders in till your estimated shipping date, I hope this is not true because that would suck I'm happy to be getting my iMac a week early.
If they don't want complaints, then I think they should be doing FIFO. I want everyone to get their iMacs, but nobody likes to feel like they been skipped for no apparent reason.
bayleaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:02 PM   #2334
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichiMac View Post
As more and more iMacs get delivered by UPS I, for one, would love to get feedback from the lucky receivers on the condition the packaging was in when it arrived.

As I said earlier, UPS packages are usually damaged when I get them. So here is hoping you (and I) all get them in pristine condition (like Fedex does them).

Let us know please!
I've never had a damaged UPS package in my 56 years of life. I've had a few damaged by FedEx and also lost packages by FedEx. I think it is just luck of the draw.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:06 PM   #2335
Foxer
macrumors 65816

So are the machines arriving in brown shipping boxes with the Apple box inside? I'd hate to think there will be a bid white box with a picture of an iMac sitting on my porch all day.

"I'll buy almost anything if it is shiny and made by Apple."
Foxer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:07 PM   #2336
JonnyIreland
macrumors 6502a

I don't want to bring the mood of the thread down, but that mass school shooting in Connecticut just now sure puts my iMac shipping status 'problems' into perspective.. Those poor kids
JonnyIreland is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:13 PM   #2337
bigcat318
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
So are the machines arriving in brown shipping boxes with the Apple box inside? I'd hate to think there will be a bid white box with a picture of an iMac sitting on my porch all day.
Everything from Apple always ships in a plain box. There will be no Apple markings on it

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfg View Post
Well ... those on the 12/11 9:10PM Anchorage flight ...

My tracking status just NOW updated with Import Scan in KY 30 minutes ago. So ... despite the UPS MY CHOICE eMail that it would be delivered today ... I guess it won't and will be Monday as the tracking info shows.

Must have been just joy-riding on the plane for the last few days!
Same thing, though mine just now updated to having departed Louisville after arriving there around 10:30am.
bigcat318 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:14 PM   #2338
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyIreland View Post
I don't want to bring the mood of the thread down, but that mass school shooting in Connecticut just now sure puts my iMac shipping status 'problems' into perspective.. Those poor kids
Haven't heard about it. Will check news before heading to bed.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:17 PM   #2339
RichiMac
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I've never had a damaged UPS package in my 56 years of life. I've had a few damaged by FedEx and also lost packages by FedEx. I think it is just luck of the draw.
I don't doubt what you are saying, but it is NOT the luck of the draw. I get packages delivered almost weekly, and I can bank on it (and like you, I am old too-so been doing this a long time-oh wait, you are only 56! You are still young, whippersnapper. lol). I think it may be regional, however. You are lucky to live in beautiful Washington. The stress level on UPS drivers up there may be less than in hectic SoCal. But I see lots of complaints on this thread about UPS, so I don't think my experience is unique. It's probably the same for FedEx. Here they are usually very good about condition of packages and even early deliveries. They may not be as good in other areas. Frankly, I just think that UPS has overextended themselves over the years and their quality is slipping in a lot of places (but not in Washington).
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:17 PM   #2340
bigcat318
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
Haven't heard about it. Will check news before heading to bed.
Not just a school, an elementary school.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:21 PM   #2341
RichiMac
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyIreland View Post
That is horrible! My prayers are for those families.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:24 PM   #2342
Tonyren
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat318 View Post
Everything from Apple always ships in a plain box. There will be no Apple markings on it

----------

Same thing, though mine just now updated to having departed Louisville after arriving there around 10:30am.
Is it possible to get a screenshot of your tracking page? I think I'm in the same batch but no updates but "Import Scan" after leaving Alaska for three days
Tonyren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:30 PM   #2343
zemzabob
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayleaves View Post
If they don't want complaints, then I think they should be doing FIFO. I want everyone to get their iMacs, but nobody likes to feel like they been skipped for no apparent reason.
I couldn't agree more just passing along what I was told.
zemzabob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:31 PM   #2344
bigcat318
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyren View Post
Is it possible to get a screenshot of your tracking page? I think I'm in the same batch but no updates but "Import Scan" after leaving Alaska for three days
Code:
Location Date Local Time Activity 
Louisville, KY, United States  12/14/2012  1:09 P.M.  Departure Scan  
 12/14/2012  10:37 A.M.  Import Scan  
Anchorage, AK, United States  12/11/2012  9:10 P.M.  Departure Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/12/2012  5:12 A.M.  Departure Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/11/2012  1:56 P.M.  Export Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/10/2012  10:50 P.M.  Departure Scan  
 12/10/2012  6:41 P.M.  Origin Scan  
China  12/10/2012  7:23 A.M.  Order Processed: Ready for UPS
As you can see, it took 3 days to go from departing Alaska to arriving in KY
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:32 PM   #2345
bobright
macrumors 601

Is anybody on their way out of Shenghai like me and not knowing where you're going next? I am on the west coast and have a Monday delivery date hoping they'll fulfill that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	401.2 KB
ID:	383581  
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:33 PM   #2346
mchoffa
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
Is anybody on their way out of Shenghai like me and not knowing where you're going next? I am on the west coast and have a Monday delivery date hoping they'll fulfill that.
if it was on the anchorage flight, it should land around 3:45PM ET and will get scanned soon after
mchoffa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2347
draculaxxx
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLRULZ View Post
Does it still show that it will deliver on Monday? You must live on east coast or mid west?
I live in NYC. Around noon I got a notification that its in Kentucky. I also called UPS to arrange for a customer pickup as I don't want it left in front if my building.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	383582  
draculaxxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2348
bobright
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoffa View Post
if it was on the anchorage flight, it should land around 3:45PM ET and will get scanned soon after
I read some dont even touch down in Alaska though right? If not it'd go straight to my local FedEx hub?
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:37 PM   #2349
Tonyren
macrumors newbie

UPS is ridiculous

UPS may not be the worst all the time. But for my batch, ********* ridiculous! I was upgraded to next day shipping and look, it is still in Kentucky after leaving Alaska for three days. Were you biking with my imac, UPS? It was scheduled to be delivered today and just now it changed to Monday. I called UPS and they told me to call apple if it doesn't arrive by Tuesday. Now, what the hell does that suppose to mean?

It is ok if the order took a long while to build because of the popular demand. but it was built a week ago. It is not ok if a next day shipping end up taking more than a week and telling me "if it doesnt arrive by tuesday". the problem is not that im too eager to see my new imac. the problem is to give me hope and just screw with me and take up ridiculous time to have it delivered. It is really worth it to have paid the $30 and not getting it delivered by UPS. wtf. Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Last edited by Tonyren; Dec 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Tonyren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:39 PM   #2350
jkautosports
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
I read some dont even touch down in Alaska though right? If not it'd go straight to my local FedEx hub?
Totally unrelated question... I always try to figure out how to read user names... Is yours "bob right" or "bo bright"?
jkautosports is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac