Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
Just wanted to put another positive review on Perian

I use VLC as well, both work great now!

tradermom

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2010
Thanks again Guys,

I was on my Powerbook G4 with an avi with great picture but no sound.....loaded in Perian...and it worked like magic. I knew the video was OK cos it was already working on my IMAC.

Perian rocks.....and Quicktime is still the best player in town. I think the DIVx player is cool but Quicktime with Perian plays everything......

jheekee

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2008
Thanks again Guys,

I was on my Powerbook G4 with an avi with great picture but no sound.....loaded in Perian...and it worked like magic. I knew the video was OK cos it was already working on my IMAC.

Perian rocks.....and Quicktime is still the best player in town. I think the DIVx player is cool but Quicktime with Perian plays everything......

I would like to second his views.

Perian really rocks.

cinnamonk

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
ugly but functional workaround

Hi
If you really need to see (and hear, and possibly edit) your AVI files on a mac, what worked for me was ripping them to MP4 in handbrake (you will then be able to hear them). I needed them in final cut so I used MPEG streamclip to reprocess them to MOV. It's an ugly sequence but it did work for me - I couldn't get any sound out of streamclip by itself...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.