Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Thats a pretty deep discounts for something so new and supposedly selling like hotcakes this holidays. Did Apple overestimated their production over demands of iGadgets?

reports are apple just cut orders with their suppliers

either something new is coming soon, products aren't selling or they made too much

i'd guess that stuff is not selling. i have a second generation ipad with 64gb and not going to upgrade for a year or two

ahansen5

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
I just called my local Walmart in Massachusetts and after checking with two people was told the iPad was not on sale.

I just bought mine from Walmart last week and was ready to go get a price match, but the deal does not seem to be true or maybe is just not active yet?

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Woohoo!! :D Glad I could help out MacRumors again. Very, very quick to act. I'm surprised that was posted on Facebook and nowhere else yet. Keep up the great work, everyone. Always amazes me how fast you guys can get stories out. :)

Limboistik

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2011
Perfect timing, just about to buy an iPad, will wait till Monday.

Does the $30 gift card apply to Canada?
I'm seeing $458 at Wal-Mart Canada for the iPad.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
You would make a 2 hour round drive to save $90? Fuel and would almost cost you that!

I drive a prius, $6 in gas more like(50 mpg, 95 mile round trip). I do all my grocery shopping at walmart once a month because my local place marks things up seriously 50%. Itd be worth the trip.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Must be bought in store. Ug, hate the clientele in the area near me.

You certainly wouldn't want to associate with THOSE kind of people.

People of quality, such as yourself, must not allow themselves to be seen with THOSE people.

I mean, really, you must maintain some standards or the peasants will start to think they are as good as you.

Don't give in...maintain your standards...the hell with the money...there are more important things at stake here!

:rolleyes:

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
reports are apple just cut orders with their suppliers

either something new is coming soon, products aren't selling or they made too much

i'd guess that stuff is not selling. i have a second generation ipad with 64gb and not going to upgrade for a year or two

Well, except the reports are that they cut component orders because they weren't able to assemble them fast enough and demand remains strong.
http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/12/14/apple-suppliers-hit-by-order-cuts-analyst-says/

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
You certainly wouldn't want to associate with THOSE kind of people.

People of quality, such as yourself, must not allow themselves to be seen with THOSE people.

I mean, really, you must maintain some standards or the peasants will start to think they are as good as you.

Don't give in...maintain your standards...the hell with the money...there are more important things at stake here!

:rolleyes:

That's exactly what I will do. Let the drug addicted rats fight it out amongst themselves.

ConnaZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Iphone 5 has been on sale multiple times since november her in canada for $79 for a 16gb (on contract) and ipad 4s have been having price reductions of $30 every week it seems... $100 off is crazy but i bet there is going to be some surprised people (you readers) come sales numbers regarding ipads and android tablets. As far as I can see the ipad minis are flying off the shelves along with android tablets (nexus 7s). Ipad 4s have not been moving at all here this is apple scrambling trying to move the inventory. Boxing day sales will be simular i bet.

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Was this kind of sale on iPhone and iPad prevalent during last Christmas?

Is this a loss leader to bring people to the stores or heaven forbid, these are not selling as well as forecast-ed?

That is what I am trying to figure out.

mackinmike

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2012
wow.. discounts already? i've never seen this before with apple. could be bad times for apple since in-demand products never go on sale.

wdomon

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2012
Has anyone found any info confirming the iPad 4th Gen $399 price? All I've seen so far is people saying that Walmart is not offering this price. Is it possible that price will go into effect on Monday?

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.