Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
1. If im not mistaking, i read that the new thin iMac has a special new glass screen that behaves much better concerning reflections. Is it possible to order that part and install it on the older iMac that does have an issue with reflections?

2. On the other hand, is this new reflective glass screen ok with... say viewing the colors on screen.

Help guys id really like to know a view on this! ;)

R.OG

Suspended
Aug 19, 2010
1. If im not mistaking, i read that the new thin iMac has a special new glass screen that behaves much better concerning reflections. Is it possible to order that part and install it on the older iMac that does have an issue with reflections?

2. On the other hand, is this new reflective glass screen ok with... say viewing the colors on screen.

No it won't fit. The glass is part of the lcd on the new imacs

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Doesn't really matter as you won't be getting your hands on a spare LCD screen any day soon.

Come back in a few months time when supplies are firm and spare parts are available.
i have no clue what you are talking about :confused:

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
The glass and the LCD screen are bonded together now, which means not only would it be a very expensive part (guessing $600+) but it wouldn't fit on the old iMac.

chevalier433

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2011

Dont need to do that someone make aftermarket unreflective glass for iMac search the forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.