Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Jay1818182728
macrumors newbie

eBay Macbook Pro (New)

So the other day I just purchased a macbook pro off of ebay (new and sealed). The seller has been operating for 5 years and has 100% positive feedback and has sold other apple products. I got the product today and it is sealed and new but won't be opening it for a while as it's a present for a friend.

The main question I'm asking is about the warranty. The seller advertised it as still having the 12 month warranty but he is not a reseller so wouldn't the warranty of already started? I checked the serial number on the box on apples warranty checker and it said that it wasn't found. Does this mean that there will be a problem or just that it's not registered?

Also if this is the case when i register it will i need proof of purchase? and will i run into any other issues later on to do with warranty?

Many thanks
Jay1818182728 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice