Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1
jasheeky
macrumors member

iPhone 5: Videos on Facebook won't play in landscape orientation

As the title states, my phone won't play videos in landscape orientation when viewing from Facebook. It doesn't matter what the source of the video is (espn, YouTube, etc)

Anyone else have this issue? I removed Facebook and downloaded app again, however that did not work.
jasheeky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:33 AM   #2
ichabodkky
macrumors member

The app for the phone doesn't support any landscape. Does your newsfeed go to landscape? Didn't think so.......
ichabodkky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:43 AM   #3
sulpfiction
macrumors 68020

I noticed the same thing recently. I think what it is, is when a YouTube video is posted on FB it supports landscape. Any other video plays in portrait. And I may be 100% wrong, but I could swear I watched some landscape videos via FB recently.
sulpfiction is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:49 AM   #4
jasheeky
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabodkky View Post
The app for the phone doesn't support any landscape. Does your newsfeed go to landscape? Didn't think so.......
Wow... you must be as stupid as they come. Do you always speak retard?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpfiction View Post
I noticed the same thing recently. I think what it is, is when a YouTube video is posted on FB it supports landscape. Any other video plays in portrait. And I may be 100% wrong, but I could swear I watched some landscape videos via FB recently.

I know it's broken because they was a video I watched on FB that went to landscape mode. After I noticed it stopped working, I went back to that same video link that my friend posted and confirmed the broken functionality. The video that was previously viewed in landscape was now stuck in portrait.
jasheeky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:02 PM   #5
kmpoboy2
macrumors 6502

It's not broken, Facebook dropped landscape support back in the 5.0 update I believe, to be able to speed up the app.
kmpoboy2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps