Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:23 PM   #1
datapusher
macrumors newbie

Spinning Disk Shock Absorber

Just a quick fact check request. I have read a few places that if you are going to do the ssd + hdd combo in a macbook pro, that contrary to what one would think, you should leave the spinning disk where it is and ut the SSD in the optical bay. Apparently this is due to the fact that the original hdd bay was designed to absorb certain shocks, bumps and drops that occur with laptops.

If true, leaving the 7200rpm spinner in the original location makes sense. But will you loose any performance from an SSD/System drive that is located in the optical bay?

Since I have no experience in this matter, I defer to those with some experience.

Thanks
datapusher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:22 PM   #2
datapusher
macrumors newbie

bump
datapusher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro