|Dec 7, 2012, 11:30 AM||#1|
How to randomize songs in an iTunes 11 Playlist?
I add songs to a Playlist and then randomize (physically) the order before syncing to my iPhone and Nano. I no longer see a way to do this in 11.
Before asking “why not use Shuffle on the iPhone”...here is what I do.
1) Have a large Playlist with the music for my device(s) sorted by date played (almost all ALAC).
2) Copy 250 of the oldest last played songs to a Playlist named Random and then randomize them so they don’t play in the same order as last time.
3) Copy to another Playlist named iPhone so I can “fine tune” (like moving same artist that are one after the other and...) then sync to my iPhone and play in that order.
|Dec 12, 2012, 09:31 AM||#3|
|Dec 14, 2012, 09:16 PM||#4|
Well, it sure wasn't in 11.0.1, and I miss it sorely.
However, there is this way that I used before iTunes DJ came around, and I guess it still does work. File, New, Smart Playlist. Then set it up like this:
Then sync this playlist to your iThing.
Selecting everything from the list and deleting it will re-fill the list with different songs.
Last edited by Kar98; Dec 14, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
|Dec 14, 2012, 11:06 PM||#6|
Randomizing songs in a playlist manually
To create a playlist with manually randomized song titles;
1) create and add songs to a playlist (smart or otherwise)
2) Click on the View Menu and choose View Options
3) Click on the Sort By button and choose Manual Order
4)Close the View options window
5) You should be able to drag the individual songs into a different position in the playlist
6) Holding down the Command key while clicking on several song titles, you can drag groups of songs into different positions in the playlist as well
Hope this is useful . . .
I would like to "thank you" on behalf of the group & ourselves, and I hope we passed the audition
iMac G5 2.0 GHz - MB Pro 2.6 GHz
|Dec 14, 2012, 11:38 PM||#7|
"Random" is replaced by "Shuffle"
If you look at the image in post #4 the playlist random has 301 songs for 21.9 hours.
Immediately above the word "hours" is the shuffle symbol (an extended "x" with arrows) - select this and the list plays in a "random" order which you can verify by looking at what's "up next".
If you hit the shuffle symbol again a new random order will appear in "up next".
But the playlist itself displays sorted as per your list view choice.
iMac 24" with 4850 graphics
|Dec 15, 2012, 11:24 AM||#8|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iTunes playlist export issue - not all songs show in new library||dictoresno||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||1||Dec 11, 2013 08:44 PM|
|Ability to add songs to a playlist from another current playlist gone||ideal.dreams||iOS 7||2||Dec 9, 2013 10:36 PM|
|Songs played in iTunes radio stay in song playlist||OUChevelleSS||iOS 7||1||Oct 29, 2013 02:48 PM|
|iTunes playlist - moving songs||gsusser||iMac||13||Jan 29, 2013 08:45 AM|
|Lost iTunes Playlist Songs||Cobra611||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||0||Nov 15, 2012 05:32 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.