Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1
iphone46
macrumors regular

Does Apple still replace iPhone 4 backs for $29

Unfortunately,about 3 weeks ago, my phone took a fall off the counter(in a otterbox commuter) and the back completely shattered. Fast forward to last week, the top part of the glass from the middle of the apple logo up has fallen off. Now my ringer switch doesn't work and my wifi is somewhat spotty(the black antenna cover on the headphone jack is sticking out some). I realize that I should probably replace the back. Does apple still replace the back for $29 or will they want $149 for a whole new phone? I looked at the 3rd part ones but the only authentic looking ones(other side of the back) are $45.
iphone46 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Greencardman
macrumors 6502

I believe they still do, yes. Its a pretty good deal, even though you can probably get a generic one for less than $10. It keeps the resale price higher if you have an original back on the cover, as opposed to one missing the Apple logo.
Greencardman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:57 AM   #3
macher
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencardman View Post
I believe they still do, yes. Its a pretty good deal, even though you can probably get a generic one for less than $10. It keeps the resale price higher if you have an original back on the cover, as opposed to one missing the Apple logo.
I repair iPhone's and don't suggest a cheapie.
macher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone