Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone46

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Unfortunately,about 3 weeks ago, my phone took a fall off the counter(in a otterbox commuter) and the back completely shattered. Fast forward to last week, the top part of the glass from the middle of the apple logo up has fallen off. Now my ringer switch doesn't work and my wifi is somewhat spotty(the black antenna cover on the headphone jack is sticking out some). I realize that I should probably replace the back. Does apple still replace the back for $29 or will they want $149 for a whole new phone? I looked at the 3rd part ones but the only authentic looking ones(other side of the back) are $45.

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
I believe they still do, yes. Its a pretty good deal, even though you can probably get a generic one for less than $10. It keeps the resale price higher if you have an original back on the cover, as opposed to one missing the Apple logo.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I believe they still do, yes. Its a pretty good deal, even though you can probably get a generic one for less than $10. It keeps the resale price higher if you have an original back on the cover, as opposed to one missing the Apple logo.

I repair iPhone's and don't suggest a cheapie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.