Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
anyone with a new imac playing wow .. i was trying it out and i can play at ultra settings with no problem. It just doesnt look that good. My 2011 imac looked better at lower settings .. also I normally run fullscreen windowed but with the 680mx the screen shrinks and the graphics get really bad .. anyone experience this?

edit

hmm seems to be better now .. but the fullscreen windowed doesnt work

Last edited:

Mediva

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2012
that would be bad, I use windowed fullscreen all the time. might give it a couple of weeks until they fix it

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
anyone with a new imac playing wow .. i was trying it out and i can play at ultra settings with no problem. It just doesnt look that good. My 2011 imac looked better at lower settings .. also I normally run fullscreen windowed but with the 680mx the screen shrinks and the graphics get really bad .. anyone experience this?

edit

hmm seems to be better now .. but the fullscreen windowed doesnt work

Haven't tried, yet. I've always hated WOW graphics. They are not high quality and you can run WOW on the crappiest of computers. I think they built it that way. My nephew plays fine with a built in Intel graphics on a MacBook. I can play on my 2009 Mac Mini without lag. Try one of the new WOW games like Pandoria and see if it is better.

tonyep

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
San Francisco
No problem running windowed fullscreen on mine. Set it to windowed first then windowed fullscreen and it will solve the problem you're having.

Mediva

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2012
No problem running windowed fullscreen on mine. Set it to windowed first then windowed fullscreen and it will solve the problem you're having.

Thats nice to hear...how is the general performance on native res and ultra settings? are you getting 60 fps?

Attip

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
What kind of fps are you getting?

I have the same gfx as you, with a 1gb fusion drive and the i7, and I'm only getting 30-40 fps on ultra - and the fps drops even further when turning the camera or flying in circles. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.