Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:51 AM   #1
Drich290195
macrumors 6502

Screen protector questions

Just wondering how those who don't have screen protectors on screens are holding up. I have a few scratches on my screen protector and I'm interested to know of those would have occurred if the screen was naked. I'd the glass tougher to scratch than protector. Can anyone who does not use one let me know how their screens are bearing up thanks
Drich290195 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:55 AM   #2
700-Grizz
macrumors 6502

I have never had a screen protector on any of my Iphones and I have had them all from the very first Iphone1to the Iphone 5 I have now lol.. The glass is very scratch resistant and I have never had an issue. I do not like the way the screen feels with that protector on it.
700-Grizz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:55 AM   #3
takeshi74
macrumors 601

It really doesn't matter how others are holding up or not. Some will have scratches. Some will be in worse shape than others. What matters is what works for you. You need to make the call regarding what precautions you're willing to take to help mitigate scratches.

Whether or not anyone else has scratches or how bad they are means nothing regarding what you will specifically experience. It's a matter that varies from person to person.

If you want random opinions there are countless screen protector threads that you can refer to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drich290195 View Post
I'd the glass tougher to scratch than protector.
Depends on the specific screen protector. They're not all identical. The point of a screen protector isn't for the protector to not get scratched. Screen protectors are sacrificial parts. They're intended to take the scratch instead of your actual screen and for easy replacement.

Whether you think it's worth using one or not is a call that you need to make for yourself. Again, there are countless screen protector threads with varying opinions that you can use in forming your own opinion.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:03 PM   #4
w00t951
macrumors 68000

I know my iPhone gets scratched a lot more easily than my Nexus. I used my Nexus for three months without a protector, and it was mirror clean. My old iPhone 4 had lots of little scratches all over the screen.

I use PowerSupport for screen protectors. They're clear and feel similar to the actual glass surface. If you don't want to spend too much, try Aduro or Halo on Amazon - they have similar (but not identical) quality for about 20% of the price. Since my debacle with the iPhone 4, I've never touched an iOS device without first putting a screen protector on it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone