Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
I bet the iP5S is ready to launch hence the deep discount. It will most likely launch in the next month .

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I bet the iP5S is ready to launch hence the deep discount. It will most likely launch in the next month .

Um no.

----------

Or Walmart is selling them at cost to their customers to bring people into the store. Remember, when people buy a new model of phone, they usually buy the accessories with it...that $$$ would go to Walmart instead of Best Buy.

Why don't we get the real facts here before saying Apple is doomed.

Because spreading FUD is so much more fun. Maybe these people are looking to buy AAPL and would like to see it drop some more so they can get it cheap.

Elijen

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
With 2 year contract

So how much will you pay for the iPhone in total? I don't know, but it's WAY MORE than $127 ...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Lol, wtf are you driving?

----------

A racist German...now I've seen everything.
Good day to you, blitzkrieg.

i dont think hes german or he cant even spell cuz its Blitz"krieg"

anyway i think its a good deal. i paid 139€ for mine on a 35€ plan

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
How are there still iPad 3's left? I thought they were all sold a while ago. Didn't they drop the price on the 3 when the 4 was announced?

pommephone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Nightmare at Cary NC WalMart store #2247

Last night I experienced the worst retail store experience of my life at Cary NC store #2247. Having heard of this promotion we went straight to the store's mobile department. The sales rep (Linda) just shrugged her shoulders and said she knew nothing about it. We showed her the WalMart Facebook thread and she said "We don't match online prices." We explained that this is an in store only promotion and she suggested we talk with a manager. We proceeded to the store's CS center where Heather rolled her eyes and said she knew nothing about it. She paged the 2 store managers and after we called WalMart corporate, who had to call the store, it was over an hour before a manager (Philip) showed up. He said that they missed the email about the promotion, but all was well and that we should go back to the mobile dept and all would be well. Accompanied by manager Philip, we proceeded back to Linda in Mobile dept, who would not follow Philip's instruction to honor the promotion. Linda refused because she had previously been told not to by the store manager, who was not there and who had not seen the email about this promo. 2 hours later, after being treated poorly by all 3 store reps, we left the store with no iPhone. Absolutely pitiful. Will try again this morning, but may go to a different store- we have lots of WalMarts around here.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Last night I experienced the worst retail store experience of my life at Cary NC store #2247. Having heard of this promotion we went straight to the store's mobile department. The sales rep (Linda) just shrugged her shoulders and said she knew nothing about it. We showed her the WalMart Facebook thread and she said "We don't match online prices." We explained that this is an in store only promotion and she suggested we talk with a manager. We proceeded to the store's CS center where Heather rolled her eyes and said she knew nothing about it. She paged the 2 store managers and after we called WalMart corporate, who had to call the store, it was over an hour before a manager (Philip) showed up. He said that they missed the email about the promotion, but all was well and that we should go back to the mobile dept and all would be well. Accompanied by manager Philip, we proceeded back to Linda in Mobile dept, who would not follow Philip's instruction to honor the promotion. Linda refused because she had previously been told not to by the store manager, who was not there and who had not seen the email about this promo. 2 hours later, after being treated poorly by all 3 store reps, we left the store with no iPhone. Absolutely pitiful. Will try again this morning, but may go to a different store- we have lots of WalMarts around here.

Please copy and paste this on The Walmart FB page.Id do it but Im from NY

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It's so funny reading some of the earlier comments...with most thinking it was the 4th Gen iPad on sale for $399. Hilarious.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Already did.

Thank You ! it took over an hour to get my 2 phone upgrade . lm not sure if it was the WM clerks fault. he was a very nice guy from Egypt . he stayed to help me a few minutes past his shift . he told the other clerk he had to go because he got 8 demerits for clocking out past his shift. the girl told him to explain to the manager that he was helping a customer set his phone account and he claimed the manager told him to just leave the customer and clock out. I believe him because Walmart is very strict on their employees working even one minute past their shift.I hate WM

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
With 2 year contract

So how much will you pay for the iPhone in total? I don't know, but it's WAY MORE than $127 ...

There is no discount in service fees if you don't upgrade when the contract expires. Yes, the hardware cost is a fraction of the total cost but if you're gonna have service anyway then what's your point?

PRSTIMAHHHINC

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2012
Better at Bestbuy

I saved way more at Bestbuy. Although the wait was terrible. It's $50 on all iPhone5 models and I got an additional $50 off an opened box 64gb slate that was virtually brand new. The white version was all beat up to hell. =P. All in all, I paid $388 so I paid basically for a 64gb at a 32gb price.

fr33 loader

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
Like people have said...Apple is the most manipulated stock on hearsay. I wish people would have to confirm their sources or face massive fines for false information. That would stop nonsense like this.

Also, even if they did you can take it the other direction...maybe they cut orders because the 5S is coming and they are starting the 6 month cycle of tick and tock...# release and S release every 6 months.

You reap what you sow. Apple loves secrecy, then of course, people would speculate and listen to hearsay.

Elijen

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
There is no discount in service fees if you don't upgrade when the contract expires. Yes, the hardware cost is a fraction of the total cost but if you're gonna have service anyway then what's your point?

with Tax i paid 274.64 for 2 iPhone 5's

My point is: How much do you have to pay every month to be able to "buy" the iPhone 5 for $127? I don't know prices of carriers in U.S., but I am sure that in 2 years you will pay full price of the iPhone and much more.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
My point is: How much do you have to pay every month to be able to "buy" the iPhone 5 for $127? I don't know prices of carriers in U.S., but I am sure that in 2 years you will pay full price of the iPhone and much more.

You pay $127 more for an iPhone than you do for a free smartphone over the course of two years.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012

well i will be paying a monthly service regardless of which phone i purchase .my question to you is ,who buys a cell phone without a service plan ? the iP5 is a beautiful piece of equipment but it would look awkward if I displayed it on my wall and Im into pop culture toys.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY

You're signing up to spend over $2000. Maybe don't sweat $60 so hard? You're going to wind up saving $10 an hour if you have the same experience today.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
You're signing up to spend over $2000. Maybe don't sweat $60 so hard? You're going to wind up saving $10 an hour if you have the same experience today.

I understand ya pick your battles. But -

$70 is $70. And unless youi're making (and have the work) $70/hr it's worth waiting for. AND if you can waste some of Wal-Mart's time, it's a win-win. The two year commitment cost is moot. You're going to pay that anyway. I mean, if your cable carrier called and said, head over to our office and sign a piece of paper and we'll give you $70, you wouldn't do it because Calbe is going to cost you $3000 over the next two years anyway?

bt2184

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
Best Buy says they won't price match because it's already on sale in their store. Although I don't see anywhere in their policy where it states that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.