Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
I was in Perth (Western Australia) the other day and finally got to experience LTE on my iPhone. :)

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    265.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
They just turned on LTE in Allentown, PA, and I got 30down/15up in Bethlehem, PA. Someone in Emmaus, PA, stated they got 15down.

----------

I was in Perth (Western Australia) the other day and finally got to experience LTE on my iPhone. :)

Nice, I wonder how much data one of those 80+ Mbps tests uses. My 30Mbps use like 20MB.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Sprint LTE

Sprint LTE:

Getting on towards 4 in the afternoon in suburban chicago while being a passenger in a car:

lte.png

LTE went live in the Twin Cities roughly 3 weeks ago but we had a major snowstorm last sunday which slowed the work in progress some.

But the day after the storm guys were up working on towers locally:

men_at_work2.jpg

Word is LTE won't be complete in the Twin Cities until March. I can wait.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012

Holly SH8T, 88.94Mbps ...that is currently "thee" FASTEST LTE speedtest screenshot I've seen.

Kristine, PM me when you're free please. I need you to test something for me w/ that type of connection speeds.

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
Holly SH8T, 88.94Mbps ...that is currently "thee" FASTEST LTE speedtest screenshot I've seen.

Kristine, PM me when you're free please. I need you to test something for me w/ that type of connection speeds.

I've sent you a PM, although I am not sure what day I will be back in Perth. :)

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I've sent you a PM, although I am not sure what day I will be back in Perth. :)

I got your PM, but can't reply back since you've turn that function off. I was hoping with you PM'ing me, this would bypass restriction and that didn't happen.:(

Hit me up again and send over your email address please and thank you for the previous reply! :)

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
I got your PM, but can't reply back since you've turn that function off. I was hoping with you PM'ing me, this would bypass restriction and that didn't happen.:(

Hit me up again and send over your email address please and thank you for the previous reply! :)

Hey, I've sent you my email address. I am not sure why you cannot send me a PM as I have this enabled and have received other PM's from other members recently without issue.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I'll have to run a test when I'm out and about tomorrow. Right now I'm on wifi and I don't have LTE at my apartment. Some impressive AT&T numbers on here but AT&T here in the mountains of Western North Carolina is terrible! Someone posted a Verizon LTE speed from rural North Carolina earlier but not sure where that was from, it was a pretty good speed if I remember correctly.
Anyway, I'll post as soon as I can run a test, this is a very interesting thread.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
I am in NW Ohio currently (Maumee, which is a suburb of Toledo) and I just ran SpeedTest.Net twice in a row.

I got 10.50 down and 2.11 up.

Then I got 3.02 down and 5.61 up.

Also, why do I sometimes get my "closest server" to be a very large distance away? The other day, sitting in my office as I am now, my closest server was Witchita, Kansas. Today, I just got Radnor, OH which is down by Columbus, OH.

Just did it a 3rd time and got 6.96 down and 2.98 up. Same Radnor, OH location.

This is on Verizon, by the way.

:confused:

WOLFITZ

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX Sprint iphone 5 but I've had better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
That's wifi silly

U Don't see the cellular icon by my download speeds??? Yes I took the SCREENSHOT when I was on wifi but I took the actual speeds on LTE.

----------

Verizon iPhone5

My best downstream in the semi-local area:

~26Mbps / ~6Mbps

My best upstream:

~16Mbps / ~13Mbps

----------

No, the test has the cell tower icon (he just happens to be on WiFi when he took that screen shot...)

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
U Don't see the cellular icon by my download speeds??? Yes I took the SCREENSHOT when I was on wifi but I took the actual speeds on LTE.

----------

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

No problem, sorry if you're a she and I referred to you as he (should always use something gender neutral like they :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.