Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Ok this is crazy that I can not figure this out, but here goes. While on my home network I used to be able to access the TV shows and movies from the iTunes on my phone and them watch them (streaming from iTunes) on my phone. Now for the life of me I can not figure out how to do it.

I am on iOS 6.01 and have iTunes 11 on the iMac

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Do you have home sharing turned on on both devices? Oh and is your Mac connected through ethernet? In my old setup, if anything on my network was connected through ethernet, homesharing wouldn't work. Not sure if the same is happening to you...

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Do you have home sharing turned on on both devices? Oh and is your Mac connected through ethernet? In my old setup, if anything on my network was connected through ethernet, homesharing wouldn't work. Not sure if the same is happening to you...

Yes I think so, I am sure it is on iTunes but not 100% sure on the iphone

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
It would be Settings>Videos>Home Sharing. And then the same in Music. If it is on, then you should be able to go into the videos app and then a shared tab will pop up at the top.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.