Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1
docjay
macrumors newbie

Please help me choose my first Apple computer(s)!

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the great posts. I am considering making the switch after 20 years of PC use to Apple. I run an online business through my laptop. The daily routine is having about 20 tabs open in Google Chrome consisting of about 6 GMail accounts, bank, Google Docs, and websites.

At the office, I quickly snap in my 24" monitor's cable, internet cord, printer USB and laptop power cords, and monitor's speakers and I'm ready to work. My wireless keyboard/mouse are logitech and use a really miniature USB that stays in the laptop 24/7. At the end of the day, I unplug, throw my laptop in my briefcase and off I go. This is convenient since my work follows me wherever I go and I may need access to a document that was worked on at work.

I'm ready to spend $4k on a more robust system that makes more sense and is more reliable. I'm personally scared of this $400 laptop crashing any day and I'm not sure I want to carry it with me everywhere. It has a large "footprint".

What would you recommend setting up for my office and/or on-the-go portable device? One macbook that I treat the same way (with me always)? Two Apple devices that are synced always? I have no idea where to even start having never owned an Apple product.

I don't deal with graphic design but do enjoy a larger screen. I can continue using my ViewSonic monitor if that's possible with Apple.

FWIW, I use and enjoy an Android phone.

Thanks!!!
docjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice