Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:21 PM   #1
colinwil
macrumors member

iTunes 11 starts playing music - all by itself!

I have a mac mini which runs, headless, as a Mountain Lion Server. Among other things it's used as an iTunes server for the Apple TV, so iTunes is always running on it in the background in case anyone want to watch a movie.

Since installing iTunes 11 we've noticed that it suddenly starts playing music at random. The mac mini doesn't have a screen or keyboard so its not as if someone has accidentally hit 'play' - you'd need to remote onto it. It seems to be doing it all by itself.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?
colinwil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:16 PM   #2
colinwil
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinwil View Post
Since installing iTunes 11 we've noticed that it suddenly starts playing music at random. The mac mini doesn't have a screen or keyboard so its not as if someone has accidentally hit 'play' - you'd need to remote onto it. It seems to be doing it all by itself.
Well whatever it was it seems to have been fixed in the 11.01 update. Phew!
colinwil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2013, 07:19 AM   #3
MattG
macrumors 68040

I realize this is an old thread but, I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Mac Mini in my entertainment center. I use it for streaming media to my Apple TV. Every so often, I'll come in here to find it playing music, when I never told iTunes to do that. It messes with my play counts, my Last.FM scrobbling...it's driving me nuts and I don't know what I can do about it.
MattG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:56 AM   #4
roycemac
macrumors member

Nothing is fixed.
I have this problem on my iphone 5S, with ios7
If I end a call in the middle of leaving a voicemail to a call I made the music starts as soon as I end the call, and it goes right into my bluetooth earpiece so I cannot ignore it.
roycemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store