Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pauliewa

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Do these "Usage" stats really mean anything?

Usage could mean Internet, gaming, simple texting. Also, cell signal strength also has a huge impact on battery life as well as brightness settings, location services being used etc etc. Unless each person gives a detailed breakdown of how they used their phones exactly, none of these screenshots are worth comparing IMO

Agreed. As well as push on or off and number of accounts.

SwisströM

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Do these "Usage" stats really mean anything?

Usage could mean Internet, gaming, simple texting. Also, cell signal strength also has a huge impact on battery life as well as brightness settings, location services being used etc etc. Unless each person gives a detailed breakdown of how they used their phones exactly, none of these screenshots are worth comparing IMO

BUT from these images I can say that my battery SUCKS. I get 1 day standby and 5 hours of lightly usage (browsing, playing 2d non graphic games, texting) with good coverage, always on 3g.

My iphone wouldn't last 3 day even on plain stanby... and it has worse battery life than my 2-years-old iphone 4.

itismadhan

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
This is my usage. I am loving the battery life! LTE, Wifi, GPS always on the whole tiem!

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    117 KB · Views: 114

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
iPhone 5

I looked at the last page and do not think I saw any this bad. I looked at the display at one point today and it was at 25% abot an hour later give or take a very few minutes I turned on the display again to see I was all the way down to 13%. I did notice however once I got down to 1% it seemed to stay at that for a long time before it finally would not turn on.

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 119

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
here is mine. with light usage on safari and 30-1hr of facebook throughout the day, little bit instagram. 45 minutes tune in radio and 30 pandora. All on 4g(not lte).
when im home its connected with wi-fi. maybe a few hrs of the day. The other times are when im at the gym or out.

pretty bad right? This is with location services on. brightness little under half.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.PNG
    IMG_0143.PNG
    106.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0144.PNG
    IMG_0144.PNG
    106.6 KB · Views: 128

rantzzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
On average, this is my readings

LTE on all the way (generally 3 to 4 bar signal)
Bluetooth off
Wifi off
Location services for Maps on only
No push notifications
Surf net moderately
Check mail app moderately

Usage: 5hr 35 minutes
Standby: 10hr 35 minutes
Call time: 1hr 24 minutes

18% left

Not sure if it's considered good though. Suspect that the phone searches too intensively for LTE network, the drain wasn't that bad when connected to wifi all day

Just one question though: Does choosing carrier manually rather than automatically help in battery life?

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
My battery so far today:

My usage has been hard, the screen has been on almost the whole time it's been off of the charger. About 1.5 hours of games, the rest has been YouTube and forum watching. I plugged it into my pc for 3 minutes so I could get new album art on my music. Gotta say I'm impressed, passing 4 hours of constant usage with over 40% left. This is with wifi on, bt off and screen brightness to full. Will post update when it's near dead.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349806850.273222.jpg

Midwesterner

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
The worst iPhone release Apple has ever made, Maps app that is awful/FAIL, no youtube, and now a feature that doesn't allow you to use your phone because your battery dies in well under a day:

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    106.7 KB · Views: 102

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I'm so happy with my battery...
Every push on, 5 emails every 15 mins, all location services, no bluetooth. Screen brightness 100%.

Jealous? :D

img0551n.png

It's my third charge

pankaj46

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
i m very much confused by looking at others usage times...my usage is around a hour of phone call,around 100text messages,few mails just 5-6, bit of facebook-around 30mins a day,bit surfing over wifi-around a hour,,,i am on 2g network,location services off,siri off,bluetooth off,wifi only when i use it, brightness on auto..

and what i get is around 6 hours of usage and 16 hours of standby...i dont play games atall,,no videos...music only for half an hour or so..

is it normal battery life or it is very bad??
i have already restored through itunes and set it as new iphone..

guys plz help..need ur openion on this,,

thank you.

Timspr

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
My battery life is improved alot since i bought an iphone 5.

I browse, use siri, whatsapp, Skype for 30 min en played 2 videogames for about 30 min. Im really happy when i exchanged my poor battery iphone 3gs. And it was not all day in do not disturb, only since 30 min because I'm going to catch some sleep!

Brightness is at 50%, locations on for siri, facebook and maps. Bluetooth off and no LTE, only 3g available here or Wifi. It is my third charge since i bought it.
See the attachment!

Attachments

• IMG_0017.PNG
    IMG_0017.PNG
    108.2 KB · Views: 107

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Battery life varies greatly with or without LTE. I usually get 4 hours usage, 17+ hours standy while remaining at ~20%. This is with LTE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.