Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Z400Racer37
macrumors 6502

Move notes fron "on my iPhone" to syncing account

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if it was possible to move my notes from the "on my iPhone" category to a category that syncs (i.e. iCloud, or Gmail etc.). I have not been able to find a way to do this from the phone... Anybody have any way to do this? I have not been able to find one so far, and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks a lot everyone!
Z400Racer37 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Z400Racer37
macrumors 6502

bump... anyone have a suggestion even?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:29 AM   #3
takeshi74
macrumors 601

How are you able to view the categories? Mine are syncing to iCloud by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z400Racer37 View Post
bump... anyone have a suggestion even?
http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules
Quote:
Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Z400Racer37
macrumors 6502

hmm... didn't know that, sorry. I'm able to view the categories "all notes", "Google", "on my iPhone", and "iCloud" on my phone. The Google, and iCloud notes sync, but the on my iPhone ones don't. I see no way to transfer them from "on my iPhone" to another category from my iPhone, and I can't seem to view them at all from my Mac. I'm having the same problem with the notes from my iPad… The ones that are in the sinking accounts can sync, but the ones that are specifically on that device can't be transferred to an account that syncs...

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:15 AM   #5
aoitsukinosuke
macrumors regular

I had the exact same problem.

Apple won't let notes on devices or Macs thru itunes anymore. Only imap based accounts sync.
I had to move all my On My Mac notes to my Gmail notes on my Mini, which is a simple drag task.

However, it's a hassle on the iphone. The only solution that I could find was go to Notes->Accounts->On My iPhone.
Click the note. Below is the option button. Click->Copy.
Then go to Accounts->Gmail->+->Paste.

Luckily for me I had only 10 notes. It took me a while and a lot of fingering.

FINALLY, I sent a @*$§@ note to Tim Cook.

Still looking
aoitsukinosuke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:56 PM   #6
dinggus
Banned

Is there a way to sync notes throughout iOS without a @me account?
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:10 PM   #7
laserbeam273
macrumors 6502

I'm having this same issue. Is there no better way than manually copying each one? It's not even a complete solution, as you lose the date data.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:13 AM   #8
otomo
macrumors member

When did Notes become cloud sync-able? All my 2009-2012 notes are in the "On My Phone" folder with 2012 onwards on iCloud. It's like Apple is punishing early adopters who were there before they figured out their cloud strategy. (Well, maybe they still haven't figured it out...)
otomo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:17 AM   #9
MonsieurC
Banned

The only solution is to manually copy every note from the "on my iPhone" folder to the "iCloud" folder. Once all the notes are under iCloud, the folder list disappears, and you have one cohesive iCloud-synced notes app, just as it should be.

LaserBeam, how is it that you lose information? If you manually copy each note over and make sure it is "saved" in iCloud, I see no loss of information.

Dinggus, you need to have the @me or @icloud email enabled to sync notes.
MonsieurC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier