Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:09 PM   #1
tslewis
macrumors member

Bad experience with iPhone pairing with Prius V 2013

Does anyone have experience with using an iphone 4s with a prius V 2013 model?

Its seems that the bt features are limited if you buy the non HDD navigation system. Which is odd as the base lien model with no navigation has extra audio streaming features.

Question 1: can you browse playlists or albums form the iphone when using BT. I cant which is **** to be fair. Also cannot browse songs or albums, cannot interact with it from the phone.

Question 2: has anyone had success using itunes match? The only songs i can access are those downloaded to the phone. I cannot access anything from itunes match and as I cannot access music form the phone as it is not allowed, i cannot down load anything from the cloud.

piece of ****
tslewis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:12 AM   #2
jwlbel
macrumors newbie

I am not sure if you are on Priuschat.com but you also might want to post over there too. They seem to know a lot about entunes and iPhones.
jwlbel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Fant
macrumors regular

I didn't think you could do any of that browse or interactive functionality over Bluetooth that you can do over USB
Fant is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:26 AM   #4
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

BAD EXPERIENCE huh?
I would certainly follow the advice and head over to that prius site where other prius owners have likely run into similar issues.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:31 AM   #5
King Shady
macrumors regular

The problem might be that you're driving a Prius
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:57 AM   #6
w00t951
macrumors 68000

I can't say for sure, but the bad experience might be with the Prius, not the iPhone.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:15 PM   #7
c.hack
macrumors newbie

In the iPhone 5, Apple has broken bluetooth connectivity to a lot of cars - most Toyotas, many Infinitis and even some GM models.

Of course, Apple's answer is that you have the wrong car. Unfortunately, if the option is between your car and phone, dump your iPhone.
c.hack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:18 PM   #8
aliensporebomb
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Ah!

"You're driving it wrong."
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Rocko1
In Time-Out

You can't do any of that via bluetooth. Where did you read you could? Get a usb cable.
Rocko1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:48 PM   #10
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

I would do what others suggested and check your prius manual. I recently bought a new car and a lot of the bluetooth features were limited in the lower-end (base) car models.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fant View Post
I didn't think you could do any of that browse or interactive functionality over Bluetooth that you can do over USB
the car screen will not display it, but on the actual phone you can still play what you want.
mattopotamus is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:59 PM   #11
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewis View Post
Does anyone have experience with using an iphone 4s with a prius V 2013 model?

Its seems that the bt features are limited if you buy the non HDD navigation system. Which is odd as the base lien model with no navigation has extra audio streaming features.

Question 1: can you browse playlists or albums form the iphone when using BT. I cant which is **** to be fair. Also cannot browse songs or albums, cannot interact with it from the phone.

Question 2: has anyone had success using itunes match? The only songs i can access are those downloaded to the phone. I cannot access anything from itunes match and as I cannot access music form the phone as it is not allowed, i cannot down load anything from the cloud.

piece of ****
Do you have an Entune system in your Toyota? I don't drive a Toyota product, but have driven my dad's '12 Toyota with "Display Navigation w/ Entune"

1) No phone can do that. That is a limitation with BT. Can't blame Toyota. Take the USB plug and plug it in. Then you should be able to. A2DP doesn't have any of this support at all. No car can do this (not even my BMW X5 or Audi S7)

2) If you play it directly from the phone via BT, then the phone should just stream it. I have some iTunes match songs on my iPhone 5 and was able to stream them via A2DP that way. Another method is via the white cable. All the songs should show up and as needed, will stream from iCloud. (Works on both my BMW and Audi also via their USB ports)

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I have access to the Toyota for the next couple days, so I can test various things if you need me to.
AutoUnion39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone