Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:52 AM   #1
macher
macrumors 6502

Verizon, Future of Unlimited Data

Was thinking how long VZW will offer grandfathered unlimited data. The last chance for unlimited data on a 2 year contract was 6/2012. So at least those that have a 2 year contract are somewhat protected until 6/2014.

I'm out of contract with unlimited data and realize if I want a new device and want to retain unlimited data I either have to pay full retail or bring in a used device. Since I'm out of contract I suppose VZW can inform me that I need to pick a tiered plan. However that would p**ss me off since I bought an iPhone 5 at full retail to retain unlimited data. When I bought the full price iPhone 5 I had a month left on my contract.

Verizon doesn't throttle 4G but they have the right to network optimize. I see areas and regions getting congested and I'm confident that VZW will start to implement network optimization. VZW says their network optimization isn't the same as what the competition does in regards to throttling.

What are your thoughts on the future of Verizon grandfathered unlimited data?
macher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone