Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Black Diesel
macrumors member

Syncing iPhone photos to (3) apple devices

All,

I'm hoping someone can provide information on how to sync my iphone photos to my ipad, MBP, and iMac, (including deleted or edited photos). Here is what I would like to be able to do:

Take photo with iphone 4S and it goes into the camera roll. When iphone is connected to wifi, I would like the photos to be uploaded to a cloud (icloud/photostream can't do this because it only allows 1000 and I have several thousand photos). Once uploaded to a cloud I would like to be able to view/edit/delete the photos in the camera roll (photo library) on any one of my devices (iPad,MBP,iMac). i.e. if I delete 200 photos while laying in bed on the iPad, then it will also delete these 200 images on my other devices when synced. In a nutshell, i'm looking for a cloud based photo library that can be viewed/modified from any of my apple devices.

I thought that was the purpose of iCloud but after doing research it will not do this for me. Any ideas?
Black Diesel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Fattytail
macrumors 6502a

What you should be doing, if for no other reason than to have a backup on your hard drive for those thousands of photos sitting in your camera roll, is use iPhoto to import the photos from phone to hard drive. Then organize by albums or whatever and sync each of your devices to iPhoto. Open iTunes, click on your device and go to Photos. Then each time you sync your devices with your computer, everything will be updated. And you'll have a master copy on your hard drive.

Only thing is you won't be able to delete on your iOS devices.
Fattytail is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store