Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockondevil

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2012
The original hold on the account is to verify funds. Sometimes they are dropped if there is a long delay between order and shipment, and sometimes they expire. Apple will reprocess the charge, if they haven already. Mine dropped off the account then reappeared shortly before shipping. As much as you might like a free iMac, Apple has the right to those funds since they shipped you the computer, and the bank doesn't care if it shipped or not unless you dispute the charge. Last time I had to dispute a charge (my wife's card number was stolen at a restaurant) I had to sign an affidavit that we didn't authorize the charge.

Oh I'm fully aware it's their money and I'm willing to give it to them if they contact me.
Another reason I didn't think the bank would do it would be how would my bank know I didn't cancel it through Apple?

A free iMac would be lovely lol, but I won't care the slightest when I pay for it :p

BTW I also realise normally once it's shipped the payment might submit then, well my iMac is probably 1 hour away from my house currently in transit...

Basically I'm just curious why Apple hasn't really tried to contact me to discuss it and confirmed their next move.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
I still feel so bad for you, I check this thread to see if you have any movement.

The only positive thing I can tell you that once you do finally ship, it should move fast... On Froday night, my iMac was in Shanghai and by Saturday night it was already in Memphis.

Thanks! I am trying not to be sour grapes, especially since I am not the only one in this boat, but boy it would be nice to see my status change.

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR
Ordered 12/30 at 12:07 am, delivery window of Dec. 21-28.

Evidently we have in some way transgressed and angered the tech gods. Be sure to post when your order status changes, as will I.

brooka

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
YESSSSSS!!!! ON BOARD WITH DRIVER!!!!

Sydney Australia :)

27 inch imac
Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB RAM
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-X
COUNTRY KIT-X

mtchairs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
Mine's still showing Received in Depot 16/12/2012 14:36 Sydney Priority.

When did you Sydney guys get the updated status?

byeehaaw

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2007
New York, NY
I still feel so bad for you, I check this thread to see if you have any movement.

The only positive thing I can tell you that once you do finally ship, it should move fast... On Froday night, my iMac was in Shanghai and by Saturday night it was already in Memphis.

yup i second that.
mines in newark already! 1 more stop to NY!

ucas98

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
Mine's still showing Received in Depot 16/12/2012 14:36 Sydney Priority.

When did you Sydney guys get the updated status?

17 Dec 2012 04:33:23 Sydney Shipment Received At Transit Point.

Then

17 Dec 2012 07:04:09 Sydney Out For Delivery.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
YESSSSSS!!!! ON BOARD WITH DRIVER!!!!

Sydney Australia :)

27 inch imac
Configuration

16GB RAM
3TB Fusion Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-X
COUNTRY KIT-X

Ditto as of 6.15am. Front door opened and the wait begins. :)

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
Although my BTO -

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z

was ordered in the afternoon of November 30th (GMT), my delivery forecast is 3 - 4 weeks 2nd - 8th January 2013. It can't be because I added a trackpad too can it?

I notice many others have posted 2 - 3 weeks when ordering during the afternoon.

Is this unique to the UK or worldwide?

Gonna be a good new year though....:)

Pngwyn

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
Sorry this is slightly off topic, but ordered a bto iMac on Dec 11 and it still says processing. I know this is probably typical, but when can I expect my computer to arrive? It says available to ship in January, does that mean early or late Jan?

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Sorry this is slightly off topic, but ordered a bto iMac on Dec 11 and it still says processing. I know this is probably typical, but when can I expect my computer to arrive? It says available to ship in January, does that mean early or late Jan?

We still have people who ordered 1st day, Nov 30 who are waiting. Sorry, but you are in back of the line. Unless they have a surge of production, best guess right now is mid to late January.

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
Although my BTO -

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z

was ordered in the afternoon of November 30th (GMT), my delivery forecast is 3 - 4 weeks 2nd - 8th January 2013. It can't be because I added a trackpad too can it?

I notice many others have posted 2 - 3 weeks when ordering during the afternoon.

Is this unique to the UK or worldwide?

Gonna be a good new year though....:)

Ordered the same Around noon easterntime except32 gig ram deliver jan3-8th Can't wait I might upgrade to overnight shipping.. frustrated with wait times

SubaLou

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Update from my post a few hours ago now.

I ordered on nov 30, approx, 6pm cst. Although my status shows still "processing order",,, we got a credit card charge. I'm guessing delivery is gonna within day or so now!?? My config is basically ;

8gb ram
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G
Trackpad

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
Update from my post a few hours ago now.

I ordered on nov 30, approx, 6pm cst. Although my status shows still "processing order",,, we got a credit card charge. I'm guessing delivery is gonna within day or so now!?? My config is basically ;

8gb ram
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G
Trackpad

I hope so because I order the exact same configuration about two hours before you. I was guessing tomorrow or Tuesday based on the shipping pattern so far

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG

It really is a thing of beauty! Not sure why they come out upside down??? Fixed :)
The "buldge" at the back is not big at all, Apple did a great job imo.

Last edited:

Latino4Me

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2003
Still processing....
Ordered 11/30/12 at 8:45 pm Chicago time with governmental discount

27-inch iMac; Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks; Delivers Dec 31 - Jan 7 by Standard Shipping

With the following configuration:
• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
• 1TB Fusion Drive
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB GDDR5
• Apple Magic Mouse
• Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
• Accessory Kit

Early on, I complained and I got shipping upgraded to next day, before noon and delivery was changed to Dec 28 - Jan 4th window. Today, I got an email from Apple stating: "Due to your recent address change, we are unable to guarantee delivery before noon. As a result, we’ve updated the shipping method to next day delivery". My delivery changed to Dec 27 - Jan 3 and my pending charge (that was there till last night) disappeared from the credit card...
I am not sure if it means that it will be shipping soon, but it still says processing. Can't wait any longer... Any thoughts?

Last edited:

-amy-

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
ARRGH! Mine's been in Louisville since Friday - no movement since then. The tracking info says it will be delivered tomorrow. I want to believe that but am skeptical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.