Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:43 AM   #1
macgrl
macrumors 65816

Best value / mac friendly all in one printer

Hello all.

My brother all in one printer has finally met its end and I am looking for a new 3 or 4 in one printer.

I was happy with brother last time as the replacement cartridges were good value and as there were 3 (or 4?) colour cartridges you only had to replace the low one.

I tend to print just black and white with the occassional colour one..no photos at all.

Are brother still the best value? I don't mind paying a bit more up front if over time it will work out cheaper with usage costs.

Also I was looking at the printers now that have a feeder tray for scanning multiple pages without having to keep changing it on the scanner bed - are these prone to jamming?

Many thanks
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2
colodane
macrumors regular

I have had great results with an Epson Workforce 845. This is a multi-function color inkjet with convenient copying function, auto duplexing, etc. Features very large and economical ink cartridges. It has been in service over a year and I've replaced the B/W cartridge once and still using the original color cartridges. Very easy connection to the wi-fi network and the airprint has worked flawlessly from both my iMac and iPad. Like you, I don't do much printing of photos. For general B/W and office type color use, this is ideal. Highly recommended.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:23 PM   #3
dmarch
macrumors regular

Another vote for the Epson 845. Been using it for several months with no issues.
dmarch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals