Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:17 PM   #176
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCP View Post
My first iPad 3 was a mess... 4 dead pixels and sh$t under the screen. Returned it and the second one had 1 dead pixel, severe light leak on the top and a big nick on the aluminum near the camera, but I decided to keep it and return it when the warranty would run out, still, every time I would be mindful of the defects I'd get really annoyed because you don't pay premium for a product for it to come with serious issues like dead pixel and a freaking beam of screen light coming out from the top.

Then the 4 was released and I was still under the return period and got it exchanged for a 4. Absolutely flawless. I think you just need to be lucky with the bored and underpaid Chinese employee which inspects your product (not that that's an excuse).
Since when does Apple exchange 3's for 4's? Shouldn't you always get a refurbished?
fenjen is offline   0
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:45 PM   #177
jrlepage
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNWDW View Post
Sounds to me like you are examining each millimeter with a microscope hoping to find something wrong each time.
I would be willing to bet money this is true. Save yourself the heartache and don't go looking for any tiny imperfection you can find. Manufacturing of anything is not a flawless process. If you require it to be flawless in order to get use and enjoyment out of it, you are only making things hard on yourself. Note: I'm not talking about clearly visible scratches, dents, or anything that affects performance. I'm talking about something that you have to sit down carefully examining each square millimeter under a bright lamp to find.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:40 PM   #178
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenjen View Post
Since when does Apple exchange 3's for 4's? Shouldn't you always get a refurbished?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlepage View Post
I would be willing to bet money this is true. Save yourself the heartache and don't go looking for any tiny imperfection you can find. Manufacturing of anything is not a flawless process. If you require it to be flawless in order to get use and enjoyment out of it, you are only making things hard on yourself. Note: I'm not talking about clearly visible scratches, dents, or anything that affects performance. I'm talking about something that you have to sit down carefully examining each square millimeter under a bright lamp to find.
where the hell in my post says im examining it with a micrscope? did i take those pics with a microscope?
Chuck-Norris is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:09 AM   #179
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-Norris View Post
where the hell in my post says im examining it with a micrscope? did i take those pics with a microscope?
I think you should relax, you should have thought about this type of harassment before starting the thread.

You knew people were going to give you crap for you being so picky on a device. Why continue replacing it over and over when you found flaws? I would have got my money back after the second replacement and went to another store. Or opened my product after so many deficiencies and inspected it.

We don't know how you survive in this world when you're being so picky.
dinggus is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:42 AM   #180
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
It's not fun when your flaws are magnified and picked apart, is it?
kodeman53 is offline   2
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:01 AM   #181
Megalobyte
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
It's not fun when your flaws are magnified and picked apart, is it?
Yes! Nobody stops for a second to understand how the ipad feels, being constantly picked apart and criticized. It just makes things worse. They feel like, hey, I'm going to be criticized no matter how good I am, so why bother? That's where the self mutilation and cutting (self-scuffing) starts. It's really very sad.
Megalobyte is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:20 AM   #182
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
I think you should relax, you should have thought about this type of harassment before starting the thread.

You knew people were going to give you crap for you being so picky on a device. Why continue replacing it over and over when you found flaws? I would have got my money back after the second replacement and went to another store. Or opened my product after so many deficiencies and inspected it.

We don't know how you survive in this world when you're being so picky.
u should read my update post before u criticize me decisions
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:26 AM   #183
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
You picked a terrible name for your identity because Chuck Norris doesn't get butt hurt like you seem to do by your responses. Why am I going to go to the first page when I started posting like on the 4th...

This is the way I see it, you spent $600 and got your hopes up way to high. 6 iPad's had issues? I don't know if I can even believe it to be honest. I think you're either over exaggerating or lying. If I had 6 replacement iPad's, I'd go on national news!
dinggus is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:34 PM   #184
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
You picked a terrible name for your identity because Chuck Norris doesn't get butt hurt like you seem to do by your responses. Why am I going to go to the first page when I started posting like on the 4th...

This is the way I see it, you spent $600 and got your hopes up way to high. 6 iPad's had issues? I don't know if I can even believe it to be honest. I think you're either over exaggerating or lying. If I had 6 replacement iPad's, I'd go on national news!
yep they had issues. i posted a couple pics to. apple is a premium product, advertised s precison designed and built and i expected to be perfect for 600 dollars.

if you cant respect my standards then get out of this thread.

i don understand why ur still responding and be anal about it.

i returned the last one for full refund, end of story. why are u still herE?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:47 PM   #185
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:

Why are u still herE?
kodeman53 is offline   1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:50 PM   #186
FrozenDarkness
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Not the me decisions!
FrozenDarkness is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:27 PM   #187
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Why are u still herE?
cause i created this thread duhh
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:29 PM   #188
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
cause i created this thread duhh
And that bestows special rights on you, like the right to tell others they can't post in it?

'When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging' is a saying you clearly are not familiar with.
kodeman53 is offline   1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:40 PM   #189
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
And that bestows special rights on you, like the right to tell others they can't post in it?

'When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging' is a saying you clearly are not familiar with.
unless you have something relevant to post in regards the thread, dont post
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:48 PM   #190
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
unless you have something relevant to post in regards the thread, dont post
and who determines what's relevant, you?
kodeman53 is offline   1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:06 PM   #191
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
the FORUM RULES
Chuck-Norris is offline   1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:13 PM   #192

Quote:
He is correct. You are in violation of forum rules. You should stop now
725032 is offline   1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:22 PM   #193
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiPi View Post
He is correct. You are in violation of forum rules. You should stop now
No, Mr. Forum Policeman, he's not correct. My post WAS relevant. He got a refund instead of getting a 7th device. IOW, the thread is over. So, I asked why is the OP still posting? Instead of moving on and learning what can happen when you engage in a misguided search for perfection, the OP thinks he has to return to defend the indefensible.
kodeman53 is offline   1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:41 PM   #194

Quote:
No, Mr. Forum Policeman, he's not correct. My post WAS relevant. He got a refund instead of getting a 7th device. IOW, the thread is over. So, I asked why is the OP still posting? Instead of moving on and learning what can happen when you engage in a misguided search for perfection, the OP thinks he has to return to defend the indefensible.
Your post was nothing to do with the thread, hence breaking forum rules.

In fact it comes across as if you have a problem with the OP.

I suggest reading up on the rules.
725032 is offline   1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:56 PM   #195
Max(IT)
macrumors 601

Quote:
Your post was nothing to do with the thread, hence breaking forum rules.

In fact it comes across as if you have a problem with the OP.

I suggest reading up on the rules.
I think your last two posts also have nothing to do with the thread ... and last mine too
Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32Gb
Max(IT) is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:57 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max(IT) View Post
I think your last two posts also have nothing to do with the thread ... and last mine too
Three posts? Please explain
725032 is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:39 PM   #197
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
yep they had issues. i posted a couple pics to. apple is a premium product, advertised s precison designed and built and i expected to be perfect for 600 dollars.

if you cant respect my standards then get out of this thread.

i don understand why ur still responding and be anal about it.

I just think your standards are higher than the average person. That's like saying you bought a $50 steak, and trying to not pay the full price for it because it didn't taste like was worth $50.

Out of everyone that I know that has an iPhone or iPad, none of theres have been defective. Out of all the Apple products I have owned, none of them have been defective.

Quote:
Three posts? Please explain
He's talking about how this thread went from returning an iPad and giving up, to you telling someone to stop violating the thread, a PM would have been the more professional route.
dinggus is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland