Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
It really is a thing of beauty! Not sure why they come out upside down??? Fixed :)
The "buldge" at the back is not big at all, Apple did a great job imo.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Beautiful! How can there be a computer in there??? C'mon show us the tower. lol

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
How soon is shipment and delivery after the status changes to "Preparing for Shipment"? Mine changed to Preparing today, so I am assuming it will ship tomorrow??

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
Still processing....
Ordered 11/30/12 at 8:45 pm Chicago time with governmental discount Can't wait any longer... Any thoughts?

Yes, complaining will not help. Also there are many posting here that ordered well before you that are still waiting. If yours does ship soon, consider yourself blessed!

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
ARRGH! Mine's been in Louisville since Friday - no movement since then. The tracking info says it will be delivered tomorrow. I want to believe that but am skeptical.

Is it FedEx? Don't worry they hold true to the expected delivery date 99% of the time actually got mine a day earlier.

BrooklynAl

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Are the iMacs', that shipped to the fortunate few, arriving much earlier than the projected dates Apple estimated?

BrooklynAl

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Sooner than later...........

That's good news; I ordered mine on the 1st of December with a projected delivery date of 2 to 8 January so hopefully mine will arrive the week of the 24th of December + or -.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
That's good news; I ordered mine on the 1st of December with a projected delivery date of 2 to 8 January so hopefully mine will arrive the week of the 24th of December + or -.
My earliest projected date was 24 Dec, but it will be delivered this Wednesday instead. So all is good. But of course, now that I know it's coming I want it even fasterrrrrrr!!!! lol

I know UPS doesn't deliver on weekends but I keep looking at my tracking info in case someone came back to work early and decided to move it out of Ky before Monday. lol.

BrooklynAl

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Thanks for the responses

Glad to hear people are getting theirs in a timely fashion.....already have a Superdrive, second apple keyboard with numeric pad, AppleCare and 32 GB of OWC RAM patiently waiting ....well....not that patiently:)

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Glad to hear people are getting theirs in a timely fashion.....already have a Superdrive, second apple keyboard with numeric pad, AppleCare and 32 GB of OWC RAM patiently waiting ....well....not that patiently:)

I know how you feel. I am sitting here with my Superdrive, Parrallels8 switch to Mac version, a large publication on all the OSX Mountain Lion changes, and I too have the Applecare service. I'll order my extra ram later. I even cleaned all the junk off of my computer counter to make room.

Kronen

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Oxford, MS
ARRGH! Mine's been in Louisville since Friday - no movement since then. The tracking info says it will be delivered tomorrow. I want to believe that but am skeptical.

Mine, too. My UPS tracking has shown nothing but "Arrival Scan" for the past 60 hours/2.5 days. Like you, I want to be optimistic about the scheduled Monday delivery, but from reading this thread it seems that UPS has been most unreliable.

Keep my fingers crossed for you, for me, and for all of us bouncing off the walls while awaiting our new iMacs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-16 at 6.58.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-16 at 6.58.48 PM.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 96

Ctrl2k

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
Anyone else see theirs go from shanghai to Narita Japan 3 days later on route to the US? I'm scheduled for Wed delivery but what an odd route!

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Mine, too. My UPS tracking has shown nothing but "Arrival Scan" for the past 60 hours/2.5 days. Like you, I want to be optimistic about the scheduled Monday delivery, but from reading this thread it seems that UPS has been most unreliable.

Keep my fingers crossed for you, for me, and for all of us bouncing off the walls while awaiting our new iMacs.

As long as it says "on time", you can be assured that you will receive your iMac on the scheduled delivery date.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
As long as it says "on time", you can be assured that you will receive your iMac on the scheduled delivery date.

Assured?? Apparently you are not familiar with the UPS "exception" which is their jargon for "oops, we aren't going to be on time after all". Has already happened to a few people on this forum. So keep checking obsessively everyone! lol

andrewket

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
My 27" iMac has been sitting in Louisville since early this morning. It took 4 days just to get out of China. Why did Apple ship my Mac UPS instead of FedEx. Grrrr.

nagareru

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
Lima, Peru
Ordered the 30th 5pm korea time. Est delivery date is 24th~28th via standard shipping. Called apple korea they told me it might arrive later than that... Still processing.

DerekS

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
My 27" iMac has been sitting in Louisville since early this morning. It took 4 days just to get out of China. Why did Apple ship my Mac UPS instead of FedEx. Grrrr.

Next time I am springing for the expedited shipping.

I am similarly frustrated by the wait. My machine is sipping bourbon in Kentucky like yours.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I will open the box when I get up tomorrow night. It will be waiting for me when I wake up. Just like Christmas! I'll have time to inspect it and make sure it is working, but won't set it up until Wednesday when I am done with my long work week.

----------

Assured?? Apparently you are not familiar with the UPS "exception" which is their jargon for "oops, we aren't going to be on time after all". Has already happened to a few people on this forum. So keep checking obsessively everyone! lol

What happened was that UPS sent an email saying it would be delivered on Friday. The tracking page said on-time for Monday delivery. When I talked with UPS tech support, they said that the email notification system did not work for international shipments. My iMac will get here on Monday.

gibjer

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2003
Mine too was one of those that seemed "stuck" in KY since Friday, but it just got the Arrival scan at the local Airport depot. So it looks to be on time for tomorrow still :D

That is unless they don't feel like driving on the icy roads tonight which is a possibility.

gwsmith

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Are the iMacs', that shipped to the fortunate few, arriving much earlier than the projected dates Apple estimated?

My original ETA was Dec. 24-31; I called in and that changed to Dec. 21-27. And it is shipped and due to be delivered tomorrow (12/17) by noon.

Soooo excited!

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
My original ETA was Dec. 24-31; I called in and that changed to Dec. 21-27. And it is shipped and due to be delivered tomorrow (12/17) by noon.

Soooo excited!

Exactly the same scenario with mine!!!

But, as it is my wife's Xmas gift to me I can't open it till next week...

Merax

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
Yay, mine finally changed from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment" (ordered Nov 30 at 12:03 AM). :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.