Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daskindt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I successfully set up my iMac, iPhone, and iPad to use iTunes Match when it was first released.

My library was updated and I had iCloud Status properly displaying for my library.

Now however, iTunes Match does not seem to be displaying properly. iCloud Status shows as "Waiting" for all the songs in my library.

In the left hand column for iTunes, under the LIBRARY heading, Music no longer shows the Cloud icon that was displaying when I first set up iTunes Match.

Under the STORE heading, iTunes Match shows as constantly updating with the spinning Sync icon. Clicking on iTunes Match shows my computer is stuck on Step 1: Gathering information. The Blue status bar is full, but iTunes never progresses to Step 2.

I've tried Stopping and Restarting the process. I've tried Update iTunes Match from the Store Menu. I've tried Turn Off iTunes Match and then Turn On iTunes Match.

I still have the same status. iTunes Match shows as trying to complete Step 1 and my Library is showing up without the Cloud Icon and all the tracks within my Library have an iCloud Status of Waiting.

Anyone know how I can get iTunes Match working properly again?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I successfully set up my iMac, iPhone, and iPad to use iTunes Match when it was first released.

My library was updated and I had iCloud Status properly displaying for my library.

Now however, iTunes Match does not seem to be displaying properly. iCloud Status shows as "Waiting" for all the songs in my library.

In the left hand column for iTunes, under the LIBRARY heading, Music no longer shows the Cloud icon that was displaying when I first set up iTunes Match.

Under the STORE heading, iTunes Match shows as constantly updating with the spinning Sync icon. Clicking on iTunes Match shows my computer is stuck on Step 1: Gathering information. The Blue status bar is full, but iTunes never progresses to Step 2.

I've tried Stopping and Restarting the process. I've tried Update iTunes Match from the Store Menu. I've tried Turn Off iTunes Match and then Turn On iTunes Match.

I still have the same status. iTunes Match shows as trying to complete Step 1 and my Library is showing up without the Cloud Icon and all the tracks within my Library have an iCloud Status of Waiting.

Anyone know how I can get iTunes Match working properly again?

You need to leave it alone. iTunes Match will run at set intervals of time. If your files still say "waiting", you need to highlight them and right click to "add to iCloud". The iTunes match service will start running. Also remember, that iTunes Match is server side, so depending on the server load, it could take a while to match. Let it be.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Highlighting and right clicking doesn't work. You need to add the files back to iTune:mad:

Waking this thread back up because I've got the same thing. All my songs (several thousand) all say "Waiting" after sitting all night.

Itunes 11. Any idea what's going (or not going) on?

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
  1. For the songs that are "Waiting," can you play them?
  2. Are the songs only in iCloud, or are they still on your Mac's hard drive too?
  3. Are the songs available on iOS devices, but not your Mac?

For me, all the 'waiting songs' (about 95% of my library) can be played and are on my hard drive. They also show and play on my iPad which is setup to 'Match'.

So why are 95% still showing 'waiting'? Since iTunes 11 (which I hate by the way) you can no longer select songs, right click and select 'upload to cloud'. You're just stuck in this limbo land.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Since iTunes 11 (which I hate by the way) you can no longer select songs, right click and select 'upload to cloud'.

Strange, I can right-click songs and select 'Add to iCloud' on iTunes 11. Although this may only work in 'Song' view.

Have you tried shutting down iTunes and then opening it again? I had a similar issue and this resolved it.

MahatmaFatal

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
Exactly the same problem here, but I got this problem months before in iTunes 10 and it is still remaining in iTunes 11

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.