Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:36 AM   #1
mscriv
macrumors 68040

iTunes 11 & Songs in the Cloud without an iCloud Account ???

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with a quick questions. I recently upgraded to iTunes 11 and noticed there were some songs that my wife purchased showing up with a "download from iCloud" icon next to them. I asked her about it and she confirmed that these were songs she had bought with our apple ID to put on her iPhone.

Here's the thing. I'm very confused as to why they are showing as available in iCloud as we do not have an iCloud account? We plan on each getting an iCloud account after we upgrade from Snow Leopard, but at this point neither of us has set one up.

So, how is it that we have songs "in iCloud" if we don't have an iCloud account? Anyone ever seen this before or know what's going on? Is it just as simple as Apple storing your previous purchases for you to re-download? I know you have always been able to access your purchase history and download anything that was previously purchased. Has Apple moved this feature to iCloud regardless of whether you have an account or not?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

They are on your account, meaning you can re-download them. iCloud is referring to the iTunes Store in this case.
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:00 PM   #3
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
They are on your account, meaning you can re-download them. iCloud is referring to the iTunes Store in this case.
Okay, I thought that could be the case, but didn't know for sure. Thanks for your help Comeagain.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store