Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:26 PM   #51
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

people posting about battery life.. It's a smart phone, what do you people expect? I read once a while back that the average smart phone has more power than the Apollo 11. More power = more battery life. Every single update that comes out people say "I hope battery improves". Sorry for my rant, it's just getting so old.
Primejimbo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:30 PM   #52
ikir
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBeast View Post
All i need is better battery life, its just draining. it should last at least 2 days but i cant get to the end of 24hours.
Eh???? With a smartphone? Are you completely crazy?

Lithium battery NEEDS to be recharged, you should not down your battery or it will die sooner. Charge everytime you can... and your battery will last... as long as you want.

It is absurd you didn't know that, but you are able to post on internet forums and blame the hardware!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:31 PM   #53
Stella
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primejimbo View Post
people posting about battery life.. It's a smart phone, what do you people expect? I read once a while back that the average smart phone has more power than the Apollo 11. More power = more battery life. Every single update that comes out people say "I hope battery improves". Sorry for my rant, it's just getting so old.
Battery life is important to people? Personally I'd like to see 2 or 3 days. Miss the days of not having to charge every night.

Not sure you can draw parallels between phones and appollo. Pretty irreverent.

Smartphones since had more power than Apollo computers for a very long time ( the ones back 2002/3 were, for example)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:33 PM   #54
JHankwitz
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to JHankwitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBeast View Post
All i need is better battery life, its just draining. it should last at least 2 days but i cant get to the end of 24hours.
What in the world so you do with your device? I charge my iPhones, iPads, and iPods every 3 to 4 days. You must have a lot of junk running in the background all the time, or leave the screems on when you're not using them.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganova View Post
My wishlist is short:

- Animated background images would be beautiful!
And I suppose you want longer battery life too.
JHankwitz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:35 PM   #55
elec999
macrumors regular

Is there a changelog anywhere?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:35 PM   #56
weing
macrumors regular

The BEST change or app that could be added is a "close all my damn apps" option. Too many open and forgotten apps are the biggest drain on battery and data use.
weing is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:38 PM   #57
tooshaggy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundu View Post
Why do people still think that's funny
Because I just smiled. It has to be funny!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:39 PM   #58
iChrist
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF View Post
Isn't it around this time when Apple start beta-testing next major iOS release?

Now that I've is in charge, I think they finally realize it's time to refresh that tired UI. Not sure they'll be able to do it in time for iOS7, but they sure as hell can't wait till iOS8.

Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:42 PM   #59
tyren
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDean View Post
I hope they release this update quite soon and hopefully it activates the LTE in Scandinavia as well!

I bought my iPhone on the day of release and still... No LTE! My carrier does have LTE on their other capable devices, such as the Galaxy SIII, but it requires a software update to work over here. Bah!

Anyway, still waiting!
LTE is indeed active in Scandinavia (at least in Denmark) - very nice
tyren is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:42 PM   #60
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by weing View Post
The BEST change or app that could be added is a "close all my damn apps" option. Too many open and forgotten apps are the biggest drain on battery and data use.
This is a myth. Only the most recently used apps are using any resources at all. The rest are in suspended mode.
nuckinfutz is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:42 PM   #61
vertgo
macrumors member

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGagnon View Post
This request is never going to get old... How about everyone just stops crying about Apple maps. It works brilliant.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

HAHA
HA

ahem..
Sorry, I'm done now

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
vertgo is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:45 PM   #62
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post
I don’t see that difference—both Safari and Maps are very matte, with small glossy details (Safari load bar, map pins.) Safari uses more color, but not more glossiness.

And Game Center is far from flat! It looks like a 1970s basement. And Reminders is less flat than most: paper and black leather textures.

Anyway... I agree that visual overhauls will await a more major update.
I was talking about the icons.
pgiguere1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:48 PM   #63
BornAgainApple
macrumors 6502

I can't recall so many betas before public release. I wonder if it has something to do with the impatient Forstall not calling the shots anymore.
BornAgainApple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:48 PM   #64
IMPOSSIBLEMAN
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
You are never going to get Google Maps back as a default app....the sooner you accept this....the better! It's now an app you can download if you choose....will never be a default app again...Apple use Apple Maps,,,period
ok apple defender. Thank you for replying

I think that default apps feature is far more important than "do not track" or "passbook"

What big features has ios 6 brought? NONE
passbook/do not track/new mail app/apple maps/panorama

All of those are either not significant or have been already released in android

It was google who imitates apple, not it is the opposite (siri, panorama, .... nfc in 2013)

I hope apple give us some nice features in 6.1 and not little tweaks here and there seriously
IMPOSSIBLEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:51 PM   #65
dustinsc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegieMac View Post
Change the ********** dock to match the Mountain Lion one, Apple.
I will never understand why people care about this.
dustinsc is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:51 PM   #66
LastMinuteMike
macrumors member

Hi Danish brother! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyren View Post
LTE is indeed active in Scandinavia (at least in Denmark) - very nice
Are you saying that the iPhone works with LTE in Denmark, or that Denmark has an active LTE network?

Sweden was actually the first country in the world to employ an LTE network, sadly though, the iPhone 5 does not operate in the same spectrum as the network.
LastMinuteMike is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:53 PM   #67
GIZBUG
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinsc View Post
I will never understand why people care about this.
i agree, a very minor issue here.

2011 13'' MB Air || 32GB Black Iphone 5 (VZW) ||
Ipad (3rd Generation) || Windows 8.1 Pro Desktop
GIZBUG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:55 PM   #68
jtrenthacker
macrumors member

For the love of Jobs, would they please make the ATV2 & 3 capable of streaming ALL of my photos from my computer when using screen saver in the next update. Thank you.
jtrenthacker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:56 PM   #69
Nermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainApple View Post
I can't recall so many betas before public release. I wonder if it has something to do with the impatient Forstall not calling the shots anymore.
I think iPhone OS 2 had eight betas.
Nermal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:59 PM   #70
CGagnon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertgo View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAHAHA
real mature... Does your mom know you're on the internet unsupervised?
MP, Two 3.06GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon/64/2048 SSD
CGagnon is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:00 PM   #71
snowcrash
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainApple View Post
iOS 5 had something like 8 betas.
snowcrash is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:03 PM   #72
Virtualball
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
U guys think they'll ever add an option like

"Open with.."

Verse being forced to use apple maps, email, etc
I imagine iOS 7 will possibly have this feature. The three reasons this change might come then are
  1. Siri will most likely be improved to have 3rd Party API support due to the lack of "WOW!" factor the "update" left
  2. The Share… menu now features a more-or-less hot-pluggable selection of apps
  3. The high-profile fallout of Apple Maps has lead many people to use Google Maps instead of the default option.
Virtualball is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:06 PM   #73
tyren
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastMinuteMike View Post
Are you saying that the iPhone works with LTE in Denmark, or that Denmark has an active LTE network?

Sweden was actually the first country in the world to employ an LTE network, sadly though, the iPhone 5 does not operate in the same spectrum as the network.
Hi Mike,

Yes, LTE is ACTIVE on my iPhone 5 (Using Telia). I did't change any networksettings or anything. Just updated to the 6.1 beta Getting about 20 mBit/s i Copenhagen.
tyren is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:06 PM   #74
Ishimaru
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by profets View Post
I don't feel like I've ever seen so much attention to beta releases of a ".1" update.

Are we expecting anything feature-wise for 6.1?
There honestly really isn't much at all. I'm sure they'll add something in the final build, but right now it's exactly the same as 6.0.1. :\
Ishimaru is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:07 PM   #75
cmichaelb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersmech View Post
Seems like this theme of "My 'insert device name' doesn't work with my iPhone, when will a Apple fix it!?" has been going around since these devices were made, its sad people just don't learn to buy a $50 piece of hardware to replace the one that doesn't work rather than waiting for months (or ever) for Apple to not fix them because .... let me tell you which one is the issue hint: not your iPhone.
Wrong. Apple has had periodic wifi issues since iOS 1. Wifi access would break with every other iOS update before iOS 2.

It was a known issue and Apple periodically seems to not be able to handle wifi well. I have no idea why. But the phone/ipod software IS the issue and has been since 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDudeGeorge View Post
Considering there's a massive thread on the Apple support forums, I doubt it's people just being fussy.

And so you're telling me it's my fault that many of my Apple devices have issues with all 4 different routers I've tried over the last few months?

My 3G data is getting guzzled because I can't use WiFi half the time on my phone.
No kidding. This is nothing new. My 1st gen touch had the same issues. It crops up periodically depending on the software update. At least wifi isn't getting broken every other update like in the 2007-2008 days.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion