Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
people posting about battery life.. It's a smart phone, what do you people expect? I read once a while back that the average smart phone has more power than the Apollo 11. More power = more battery life. Every single update that comes out people say "I hope battery improves". Sorry for my rant, it's just getting so old. :rolleyes:

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
All i need is better battery life, its just draining. it should last at least 2 days but i cant get to the end of 24hours.

Eh???? With a smartphone? Are you completely crazy?

Lithium battery NEEDS to be recharged, you should not down your battery or it will die sooner. Charge everytime you can... and your battery will last... as long as you want.

It is absurd you didn't know that, but you are able to post on internet forums and blame the hardware!

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
people posting about battery life.. It's a smart phone, what do you people expect? I read once a while back that the average smart phone has more power than the Apollo 11. More power = more battery life. Every single update that comes out people say "I hope battery improves". Sorry for my rant, it's just getting so old. :rolleyes:

Battery life is important to people? Personally I'd like to see 2 or 3 days. Miss the days of not having to charge every night.

Not sure you can draw parallels between phones and appollo. Pretty irreverent.

Smartphones since had more power than Apollo computers for a very long time ( the ones back 2002/3 were, for example)

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
All i need is better battery life, its just draining. it should last at least 2 days but i cant get to the end of 24hours.

What in the world so you do with your device? I charge my iPhones, iPads, and iPods every 3 to 4 days. You must have a lot of junk running in the background all the time, or leave the screems on when you're not using them.

----------

My wishlist is short:

- Animated background images would be beautiful!

And I suppose you want longer battery life too.

weing

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2007
The BEST change or app that could be added is a "close all my damn apps" option. Too many open and forgotten apps are the biggest drain on battery and data use.

tyren

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
I hope they release this update quite soon and hopefully it activates the LTE in Scandinavia as well!

I bought my iPhone on the day of release and still... No LTE! My carrier does have LTE on their other capable devices, such as the Galaxy SIII, but it requires a software update to work over here. Bah!

Anyway, still waiting!

LTE is indeed active in Scandinavia (at least in Denmark) - very nice :)

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
The BEST change or app that could be added is a "close all my damn apps" option. Too many open and forgotten apps are the biggest drain on battery and data use.

This is a myth. Only the most recently used apps are using any resources at all. The rest are in suspended mode.

vertgo

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2006
lol

This request is never going to get old... How about everyone just stops crying about Apple maps. It works brilliant.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

HAHA
HA

ahem..
Sorry, I'm done now

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I don’t see that difference—both Safari and Maps are very matte, with small glossy details (Safari load bar, map pins.) Safari uses more color, but not more glossiness.

And Game Center is far from flat! It looks like a 1970s basement. And Reminders is less flat than most: paper and black leather textures.

Anyway... I agree that visual overhauls will await a more major update.

I was talking about the icons.

IMPOSSIBLEMAN

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
You are never going to get Google Maps back as a default app....the sooner you accept this....the better! It's now an app you can download if you choose....will never be a default app again...Apple use Apple Maps,,,period

ok apple defender. Thank you for replying

I think that default apps feature is far more important than "do not track" or "passbook"

What big features has ios 6 brought? NONE
passbook/do not track/new mail app/apple maps/panorama

All of those are either not significant or have been already released in android

It was google who imitates apple, not it is the opposite (siri, panorama, .... nfc in 2013)

I hope apple give us some nice features in 6.1 and not little tweaks here and there seriously

LastMinuteMike

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
Hi Danish brother! :D

LTE is indeed active in Scandinavia (at least in Denmark) - very nice :)

Are you saying that the iPhone works with LTE in Denmark, or that Denmark has an active LTE network? :)

Sweden was actually the first country in the world to employ an LTE network, sadly though, the iPhone 5 does not operate in the same spectrum as the network.

jtrenthacker

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
For the love of Jobs, would they please make the ATV2 & 3 capable of streaming ALL of my photos from my computer when using screen saver in the next update. Thank you.

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
U guys think they'll ever add an option like

"Open with.."

Verse being forced to use apple maps, email, etc

I imagine iOS 7 will possibly have this feature. The three reasons this change might come then are
  1. Siri will most likely be improved to have 3rd Party API support due to the lack of "WOW!" factor the "update" left
  2. The Share… menu now features a more-or-less hot-pluggable selection of apps
  3. The high-profile fallout of Apple Maps has lead many people to use Google Maps instead of the default option.

tyren

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Are you saying that the iPhone works with LTE in Denmark, or that Denmark has an active LTE network? :)

Sweden was actually the first country in the world to employ an LTE network, sadly though, the iPhone 5 does not operate in the same spectrum as the network.

Hi Mike,

Yes, LTE is ACTIVE on my iPhone 5 (Using Telia). I did't change any networksettings or anything. Just updated to the 6.1 beta :) Getting about 20 mBit/s i Copenhagen.
703480_10151273512017579_419377185_o.jpg

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
I don't feel like I've ever seen so much attention to beta releases of a ".1" update.

Are we expecting anything feature-wise for 6.1?
There honestly really isn't much at all. I'm sure they'll add something in the final build, but right now it's exactly the same as 6.0.1. :\

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Seems like this theme of "My 'insert device name' doesn't work with my iPhone, when will a Apple fix it!?" has been going around since these devices were made, its sad people just don't learn to buy a $50 piece of hardware to replace the one that doesn't work rather than waiting for months (or ever) for Apple to not fix them because .... let me tell you which one is the issue hint: not your iPhone.

Wrong. Apple has had periodic wifi issues since iOS 1. Wifi access would break with every other iOS update before iOS 2.

It was a known issue and Apple periodically seems to not be able to handle wifi well. I have no idea why. But the phone/ipod software IS the issue and has been since 2007.

Considering there's a massive thread on the Apple support forums, I doubt it's people just being fussy.

And so you're telling me it's my fault that many of my Apple devices have issues with all 4 different routers I've tried over the last few months?

My 3G data is getting guzzled because I can't use WiFi half the time on my phone.

No kidding. This is nothing new. My 1st gen touch had the same issues. It crops up periodically depending on the software update. At least wifi isn't getting broken every other update like in the 2007-2008 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.