Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Should I get my iPhone 5 colored by colorware/anostyle? Money isn't really an issue, but I'd get this one :3

Attachments

• IP5-009.jpg
    IP5-009.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 218

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
But it's GOLD!
Warranty gets transferred to AnoStyle's own warranty, I think.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
You have to get it modified by an external vendor, but it can be done.

If I had an iPhone 5, I'll get it modified to have a pale pink color :D

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
You like it. You want to stand out. You have the money. This isn't even a conversation, screw what everyone else says. Do it. Then tell me about it because I want to do it badly.

EDIT: Colourware is ass. Just saying

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I don't think gold and black compliment each other, in my opinion it needs to be a different color, if the iPhone had the white glass then it would look better gold

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012

I find it is kind of hard to judge by looking at a picture. If I were to do this, I want to see live samples.

*BUT* in absence of real samples, am in the camp of... trust Apple's taste. I have a 4s, I think it's the most beautiful gadget ever, and of course am not going to cover it with bumper/case, it's naked, and radiates its beautiful lines, it reminds of the Monolith on Space 2010.

But OK some people don't want to have the same thing as a few million others, so a little customization, perfectly reasonable. If I ever to that, I would engrave my last name in script on the outer metal band and leave it silver and not do anything to both glasses as they are perfect as is.

For the 5, I really have no opinion. There was a reason when given the choice, I picked the 4s over the 5 despite all the advancement, A6 blah-blah.

bwerner25

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
Texas
I'd go for it if gold was your absolute final choice. Although, you could get someone to anno it any color/finish you want. You said money wasn't an issue but it would be cheaper. The only downfall is it would be a hassle to take it apart and put it back together after it's finished. Or I guess you could just get a shop to tear it down and build it back up.

I think it looks a lot better in this photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

solidsnake32292

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Hello Mr. goldfin... iPhone!

Or should I say...

The man with the golden ..iPhone!

Haha (007 reference)

Go for it!

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Have you guys seen the video of the iPhone back having a laser etched photo put onto it.

Awesome.

Back on topic .....

It's not for me personally but go for it if you like it. !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.