Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
This reminds me of my old iPhone 4...
Once a couple of days no matter who I call or where I am the call drops.
When I take the phone away from my ear it's says "Call ended".
My proximity sensor is working just fine, at least I think so...
I do not think that this is a iOS bug since my other iPhones with iOS 6.0.1 do not have this problem.
What should I do ? I can't take it to Apple because I live in Romania and..well, there is no Apple here... Only Premium Resellers, Authorised Resellers and Authorised Carriers (The Carriers sell only iPhones & iPads)
If I take it to Orange Romania I have to wait about one week until I recieve a new iPhone because I live in a medium town at the border with Hungary and the Orange Service is in Bucharest (capital city) wich is like 1,000 KM away from me.
(Orange Romania is my Carrier. Got my iPhone on a 2 year contract : iPhone 5 16GB - 358 Euros and 31 Euros per month for 2 yers - pretty damn expensive !)
Also, there is a chance I will recieve back my iPhone becase this happends once a couple of days so the guys at the Service will test my iPhone a couple of hours and if they don't see the problem they will just send it back to me and say that there is no problem so yea, it sucks b*lls.
Is this a iOS bug or my iPhone 5 has Antennagate ?
What should I do ? Any suggestions ?
(Sorry for my english)
Kudos !

Last edited:

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
I dont get any dropped calls with my iphone 5 in the US.
Maybe its your carrier that has no signal or a dead spot at a particular place.

I have full 3G signal in my house, downtown and so on...the only places I have medium signal on Edge is in Pubs & Clubs. Sometimes I experience dropped calls in my house...and as I said, full 3G signal. So it can't be the signal nor the carrier, at lest I think so.
LTE isn't available in my town, only in the Capital City and some other towns.

----------

I reseted the Network Settings, maybe this will solve the problem, maybe not.:confused:

Last edited:

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
That could be it if the sim doesnt make a good connection and if the phone is moved it loses contact and drops all connections to the network.

This makes sense. Tomorrow morning I will go buy a NANO-Sim.
I hope this will solve the problem, if not I will try to get my phone replaced.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Ok, I have purchased this morning a new NANO-Sim. I hope this works. I will report back in a couple of days.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
This reminds me of my old iPhone 4...
Once a couple of days no matter who I call or where I am the call drops.
When I take the phone away from my ear it's says "Call ended".
My proximity sensor is working just fine, at least I think so...
I do not think that this is a iOS bug since my other iPhones with iOS 6.0.1 do not have this problem.
What should I do ? I can't take it to Apple because I live in Romania and..well, there is no Apple here... Only Premium Resellers, Authorised Resellers and Authorised Carriers (The Carriers sell only iPhones & iPads)
If I take it to Orange Romania I have to wait about one week until I recieve a new iPhone because I live in a medium town at the border with Hungary and the Orange Service is in Bucharest (capital city) wich is like 1,000 KM away from me.
(Orange Romania is my Carrier. Got my iPhone on a 2 year contract : iPhone 5 16GB - 358 Euros and 31 Euros per month for 2 yers - pretty damn expensive !)
Also, there is a chance I will recieve back my iPhone becase this happends once a couple of days so the guys at the Service will test my iPhone a couple of hours and if they don't see the problem they will just send it back to me and say that there is no problem so yea, it sucks b*lls.
Is this a iOS bug or my iPhone 5 has Antennagate ?
What should I do ? Any suggestions ?
(Sorry for my english)
Kudos !

I don't have any issues with dropping calls at all.

Could this just be the way you are holding your phone up to your face? Just wondering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.