Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
this could be the dumbest question but is any LCD TV cleaner good to use on a MBP screen?

i have a clean i cant think of the name right now but it works good on my TV, but not sure if a TV surface is any different than a laptop

theipadkid

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011
should be fine. macbooks have a GLASS screen so that should work.

i use my eyeglass cleaner on my macbook. it works on deleicate eyeglasses, why not the macbook? lol

sammyvine

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2012
can you use an lcd cleaner on a macook pro

the bottle says it contains distilled water and non toxic detergent?

jbsmithmac

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
I've never needed a cleaner. Luke warm water and a microfiber cloth (the one that apple gives/gave with new machines) has always worked well for me.

Mac-Tech

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
this could be the dumbest question but is any LCD TV cleaner good to use on a MBP screen?

i have a clean i cant think of the name right now but it works good on my TV, but not sure if a TV surface is any different than a laptop

Hey if you do not want to use a Canadian Tire or Autoshop Microfiber cloth you can always use this:

Moshi TeraGlove

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...033001_TeraGlove_Microfiber_Cleaning_Kit.html

It is like a Microfiber cloth but it does not need any liquids and it is safe for all Mac Book Pro screens. Check it out. You can also get this on the Apple website. Its approved by Apple! =)

W

WarrenFields

If you have an anti-glare Macbook I would be careful because some of the cleaners can mess up the coating. But I think TV cleaner should be fine for regular Macbooks. I just use iKlear, which works well for me.

Mac-Tech

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
If you have an anti-glare Macbook I would be careful because some of the cleaners can mess up the coating. But I think TV cleaner should be fine for regular Macbooks. I just use iKlear, which works well for me.

Moshi TeraGlove I recommended only uses water that's it. So safe for all screens! =)

sammyvine

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2012

is an lcd cleaner okay for the macbook pro?

On the bottle it says it contains distilled water and non toxic detergent. It states it doesn't contain alcohol.

W

WarrenFields

is an lcd cleaner okay for the macbook pro?

On the bottle it says it contains distilled water and non toxic detergent. It states it doesn't contain alcohol.

Should be. I think the alcohol contents is why some recommend you not to use certain cleaners with anti-glare displays. At least that is what one of labels on a LCD cleaner I purchased warned against.

sammyvine

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2012
Should be. I think the alcohol contents is why some recommend you not to use certain cleaners with anti-glare displays. At least that is what one of labels on a LCD cleaner I purchased warned against.

My spray says it contains distilled water and non toxic detergent? It says no alcohol.

Is that dangerous?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.