Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:41 AM   #26
Huntn
macrumors 604

We recently got hooked on this Show and I have made a series of comments about it in the "what's on tv" thread. Just found this one. When I first heard about it, I thought it might be a TSA show, the challenges of screening, or something like that so I was pleasantly surprised, and what a compelling story! The lead characters played by Claire Dane and Damian Lewis are outstanding. Carrie's ordeal with being bipolar along with the pressures of a CIA terrorist investigation is superb. Loving it.
Huntn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:24 PM   #27
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Yep, this season is just as good as the first.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:30 AM   #28
eternlgladiator
macrumors 68000

I'm addicted to this show. Dexter and homeland are the only shows I wait for every week. If you don't count SVU, Big Bang, Underemployed, Boardwalk Empire, and all the football game haha
eternlgladiator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:39 AM   #29
Huntn
macrumors 604

SPOILERS

Last week was a shocker. Head terrorist neutralized. CIA subplot to eliminate Brody. VP killed with Brody's assistance.

Season Finale next Sunday. I'm wondering how Brody is going to survive into next season?
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:27 AM   #30
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I'm wondering how Brody is going to survive into next season?
I'm not sure that he is going to.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:39 PM   #31
Huntn
macrumors 604

Well, I was not expecting that (Season 2) ending.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:32 PM   #32
mscriv
macrumors 68040

^^^ Same here. My wife and I agree that the writers of this show know exactly how to completely hide the surprise twist at the end of the season. It was brilliant how despite all the viewer has been through and all that has seemingly been resolved they were able for an instant to take you exactly back to the tension you felt in the very beginning of the show, not knowing if he was a good guy or a bad guy. Everything fit perfectly; either option was plausible and the show just left you hanging there for a while before they provided additional clues. Truly an awesome ending to a great season. Homeland is a really good show and I can't wait until next season.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:47 AM   #33
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
^^^ Same here. My wife and I agree that the writers of this show know exactly how to completely hide the surprise twist at the end of the season. It was brilliant how despite all the viewer has been through and all that has seemingly been resolved they were able for an instant to take you exactly back to the tension you felt in the very beginning of the show, not knowing if he was a good guy or a bad guy. Everything fit perfectly; either option was plausible and the show just left you hanging there for a while before they provided additional clues. Truly an awesome ending to a great season. Homeland is a really good show and I can't wait until next season.
SPOILERS!

I thought spiriting him away was the wrong thing to do. If she had turned him in, she would have just as good a chance of clearing his name. Now he is a criminal on the run and she is an accomplice!

Now you have to ask yourself, who, working from the inside of Langley, moved his car??
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:32 AM   #34
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
SPOILERS!

I thought spiriting him away was the wrong thing to do. If she had turned him in, she would have just as good a chance of clearing his name. Now he is a criminal on the run and she is an accomplice!

Now you have to ask yourself, who, working from the inside of Langley, moved his car??
I don't think it's quite that simple. No one knows she helped him escape. She is totally in the clear at this point. I think she will tell Saul that Brady is in the clear. Saul will understand Brady is being framed because of how the terrorist are using the old video. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me at this point.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:26 PM   #35
wvuwhat
macrumors 65816

I think Saul is behind all of this...
wvuwhat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:42 PM   #36
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuwhat View Post
That would be quite a twist indeed.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:45 PM   #37
eternlgladiator
macrumors 68000

I just finished it and my mind is just blown. As soon as he left Walden's widow at the ceremony I thought for sure there was going to be some kind of explosion. I didn't expect something so big. I thought it was a little weird that Quinn changed his mind about Brody without any interjection from anybody. Could be suspect in my mind. He's been a mysterious character since he was brought in. I absolutely can not wait for season three. I was concerned that season two would end with a less than thrilling cliff hanger (cough, Dexter, cough) but I was pleasantly surprised.
eternlgladiator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:52 PM   #38
barnesbone7
macrumors newbie

I've really enjoyed it so far. Great writing.
barnesbone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:50 AM   #39
Huntn
macrumors 604

Spoilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuwhat View Post
...sputtering noise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternlgladiator View Post
I just finished it and my mind is just blown. As soon as he left Walden's widow at the ceremony I thought for sure there was going to be some kind of explosion. I didn't expect something so big. I thought it was a little weird that Quinn changed his mind about Brody without any interjection from anybody. Could be suspect in my mind. He's been a mysterious character since he was brought in. I absolutely can not wait for season three. I was concerned that season two would end with a less than thrilling cliff hanger (cough, Dexter, cough) but I was pleasantly surprised.
I was very surprised that Quinn came to the defense of Brody. He either had an attack of conscious or there is something hidden we mere viewers are not yet aware of.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:50 PM   #40
wndzr
macrumors newbie

I've had to quickly skim past the spoilers so didn't read all comments, but I have to admit I am completely hooked on Homeland. I've managed to watch both series in two days - they've got me gripped.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:01 PM   #41
Dagless
macrumors Core

I've always thought there's more to Saul than we're being told. The whole part with his wife just up and leaving like that, at the time it felt like it didn't really need to be there and (I think?) she was completely absent from season 2.

Whoever moved the car is someone alive; Saul, Brody, Carrie or the sniper/solder chap whose name I forget. I can't help but think with all the death that follows Saul (prisoners he visits tend to commit suicide), that it's going to be him.

Love the series. I might have mentioned before but it feels like a mix of my 2 favourite TV shows - Spooks and Death Note. And I can't wait to see where we get taken next!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:54 AM   #42
Huntn
macrumors 604

Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
I've always thought there's more to Saul than we're being told. The whole part with his wife just up and leaving like that, at the time it felt like it didn't really need to be there and (I think?) she was completely absent from season 2.

Whoever moved the car is someone alive; Saul, Brody, Carrie or the sniper/solder chap whose name I forget. I can't help but think with all the death that follows Saul (prisoners he visits tend to commit suicide), that it's going to be him.
I believe that it would violated all of Carrie's motivations as a character to be involved in the attack. Brody all ready got to help kill the VP which was his primary motivation. Saul was out on a ship at the time. I'm comfortable saying he did not move the car, although he could still be involved, and obviously there is someone inside the agency involved just because of where the attack took place (CIA HQs, Langley, Va). I would be profoundly effected if Saul or Carrie were involved. As far as Saul's wife, Mira, she had good grounds to leave him, playing second fiddle to the CIA. However her decision to return casts some suspicion in her direction, although I believe she ran off to India and is of Indian descent, not that this clears her.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:10 AM   #43
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Spoilers

<snip>
Oh yeah, Saul didn't directly move the car, but I think he's got a hand in something. Possibly working with that soldier/sniper chap. To me the sniper is the prime suspect, he would have clearance at the CIA, he "kills bad guys" (which depends on your POV), he "survived" a shooting and let Brody live.

I loved how quickly that ending took place though. It was almost dream-like the way the car was noticed and how everything rolled on immediately after that.

We'll all be wrong though. What I love about Homeland is how it shunts expectations around, nothing I ever expected to happen has happened.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:32 AM   #44
Huntn
macrumors 604

Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
Oh yeah, Saul didn't directly move the car, but I think he's got a hand in something. Possibly working with that soldier/sniper chap. To me the sniper is the prime suspect, he would have clearance at the CIA, he "kills bad guys" (which depends on your POV), he "survived" a shooting and let Brody live.

I loved how quickly that ending took place though. It was almost dream-like the way the car was noticed and how everything rolled on immediately after that.

We'll all be wrong though. What I love about Homeland is how it shunts expectations around, nothing I ever expected to happen has happened.
The "we got the bad guy" really misdirected me, as I guess most viewers, but in hindsight was brilliant. They gave the viewer hardly any time to mull over the significance of the car before... although I suppose the quick ones got it in a second or two.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 09:09 AM   #45
Huntn
macrumors 604

Homeland Season Premier tonight! This is one of the best...

Homeland Will Be Darker

Quote:
Brody is on the run. Carrie is off her meds. Saul is acting director of the just-blown-up CIA. And Dana's in a mental institution.

Buckle up and get ready for another wild ride as Season 3 of Homelandkicks off Sunday (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET/PT).

"There are a lot of surprises," says Emmy-winning star Claire Danes, who plays Carrie, calling from the Charlotte set during filming of the season's final episodes. "A lot of sophisticated surprises."
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:47 AM   #46
The.316
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Homeland Season Premier tonight! This is one of the best...

Homeland Will Be Darker
BB series finale, with the Homeland season premier! Man, tonight is going to epic! My Hurricanes went to 4-0 yesterday, and if I can get a Fins win tomorrow night against the Saints, this truly will be a perfect weekend for me
The.316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:58 AM   #47
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.316 View Post
BB series finale, with the Homeland season premier! Man, tonight is going to epic! My Hurricanes went to 4-0 yesterday, and if I can get a Fins win tomorrow night against the Saints, this truly will be a perfect weekend for me
Not to mention Masters of Sex, the perfect vehicle for gratuitous SEX.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 09:15 PM   #48
ben123456
macrumors regular

Wow, what a way to start a season!
ben123456 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:25 AM   #49
Huntn
macrumors 604

Watched it last night. Homeland is really really good. Claire Danes is the perfect Carrie, who just happened to be thrown under the...
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:10 AM   #50
Huntn
macrumors 604

After watching tonight's episode, I found myself in a lively discussion about the situation Carrie found herself in.

My position was that the CIA has known about her bipolar disorder, that they knew about her and Brody, in essence they accepted her with her flaws and even were willing to work with Brody in hopes of catching a terrorist. And that what happened to her tonight was a move to use her as a scapegoat for their failures and CYA (cover your ass).

The counter view expressed was that she was becoming erratic and because of her refusal to take her meds was on the verge of spilling the CIAs dirty laundry, in essence their duplicity with Brody, in essence their actions were justified.

I would not argue she was not heading for a train wreck, especially drinking a gallon of vodka every night, but I don't think the CIA was aware of that. Carrie seemed to be functional until the CIA leaked the story to the press at which point she became angry and verbally assaulted Saul and other CIA officers in public. My argument was that she was letting her temper and feelings of betrayal get the better of her especially when she went to the press to tell the real story. That was poor judgement.

I do believe she is in love with Brody, but is still chained to the pursuit of truth and justice. In other words if she thought he was guilty, she would turn him in. Thoughts?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion