Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Rushli0n
macrumors regular

Deleting a Bad Audio Track

Ok, so I used Handbrake to encode a movie and it produced (as expected) a Stereo track and a Dolby Track. When I play the movie through my ATV3 which is hooked up to a surround sound, it plays the Dolby track (again as expected). The problem is that the Dolby track is messed up. I hear pops and cracks or complete loss of sound. If I select the stereo track, the audio plays fine.

My question is, is there a way to delete/surpress this track from the video file without re-encoding the movie? I use a Mac and Subler, but couldn't find a way to do this. I just don't want to have to continually select the Stereo track each time I play this movie.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:41 AM   #2
obsidian1200
macrumors 6502

In Subler, open the file you wish to modify. Highlight the bad track. In the toolbar, there's a delete button that only becomes selectable when you select a track. Clicking it will delete the track from the file. Then go to File>Save or Save As... and save your file. You will probably want to optimize the new file, which may happen automatically when you save it, but if not, the option can be found under File>Optimize.

Good luck!
obsidian1200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:16 PM   #3
Rushli0n
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian1200 View Post
In Subler, open the file you wish to modify. Highlight the bad track. In the toolbar, there's a delete button that only becomes selectable when you select a track. Clicking it will delete the track from the file. Then go to File>Save or Save As... and save your file. You will probably want to optimize the new file, which may happen automatically when you save it, but if not, the option can be found under File>Optimize.

Good luck!
Two things:

1. When you say "select" is that just clicking it or actually checking the box?
2. The only Delete I can find is via Edit > Delete. And regardless of #1 (either selecting it or checking the box) the Delete is still inactive.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:48 AM   #4
obsidian1200
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushli0n View Post
Two things:

1. When you say "select" is that just clicking it or actually checking the box?
2. The only Delete I can find is via Edit > Delete. And regardless of #1 (either selecting it or checking the box) the Delete is still inactive.

Am I doing something wrong?

1. Just click on the track.
2. You seem to have modified Subler's default settings if the delete button is no longer in the tool bar (for the record, within subler's main window, you should be seeing four GUI buttons: add, delete, export, and search for metadata.) To make the toolbar reappear, go to View>Show Toolbar. By default, the delete button is the second button from the left. If it's still not showing up, you'll have to edit the toolbar to include the delete button.
obsidian1200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Rushli0n
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian1200 View Post
1. Just click on the track.
2. You seem to have modified Subler's default settings if the delete button is no longer in the tool bar (for the record, within subler's main window, you should be seeing four GUI buttons: add, delete, export, and search for metadata.) To make the toolbar reappear, go to View>Show Toolbar. By default, the delete button is the second button from the left. If it's still not showing up, you'll have to edit the toolbar to include the delete button.
Found it, appreciate the help.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater