Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TeddyLeroux

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
I have a few questions regarding iPads.

1. Mini or iPad 4?

I like the Mini because it is small and still has a good amount of power. But I have always been a huge fan of the Retina Display. Is the Display that noticeable? I am a Radio Broadcaster and I want something that can handle some audio editing and recording. I want something that will work with my high quality audio needs. But I travel to various locations to do broadcasts, so I want it somewhat portable. It will mainly be used for Email, Facebook, Twitter and Recordings... Light Gaming as well... And a little bit of Graphic Design.

2. Wi-Fi vs Data

So here is what I am thinking. I want a Wi-Fi only but I want to use a mobile hotspot from AT&T or Verizon (5 or 4 GB for $50 per month) . I believe this would be a better option than buying the celluar version. Cause I can use data for other devices like a laptop or something, and I don't have to get into contract (cheaper option that month to month). I want to have data because I often provide updates while I am at on location broadcasts. And... In terms of directions and GPS, since the wi fi versions dont have built in GPS, could the GPS data from the hotspots , transfer over to the iPad? And what is the capability and accuracy in Maps when working off a Wi-Fi connection?

Thanks
:apple::apple::apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.