Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unregbaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
As well as the web I use mostly Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop daily (not super pro user with photo filters etc but light-moderate mostly vector work) and in the coming months I will often be away from my desktop machine which is a late 2006 iMac (MA456LL). My existing portable is a white macbook from 2007 but it barely functions now with a broken screen. The weight of this macbook got to be really annoying.

I would likely be carrying the new machine around with me everyday so the 11" is really appealing but I'm also aware that for a couple £hundred more I'd get a better screen and more battery life.

A. I like the 11" macbook air but wary of the screen size and battery life - are these two real problems?

B. I like the 13" macbook air but would I always be wondering if it was a mistake not to have the power of the MBP?

C. I love the idea of 13" macbook pro but the weight and cost are negatives.

The new machine has to last a few years - at a pinch I could wait until the Summer but that would cause problems.

Thanks

m00min

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
I use CS6 for web design on an MBA 11 inch, it runs fine. I do plug it into an external monitor though. If you're never gonna do that I'd maybe think about the 13 inch.

Personally I would stay clear of the MBP 13 unless you simply HAVE to have that screen.

unregbaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Thanks - good to know as I use CS6. Whichever size I'd have an external display so looks like 11"..

I use CS6 for web design on an MBA 11 inch, it runs fine. I do plug it into an external monitor though. If you're never gonna do that I'd maybe think about the 13 inch.

Personally I would stay clear of the MBP 13 unless you simply HAVE to have that screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.