Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:57 AM   #1
sdh1982
macrumors newbie

Specific File/Folder Backup

I have all the macs in our office set to backup via time machine to a large USB drive attached to the Mac Mini Server.

The bosses MBP completely failed just recently so had to do a restore over the network, much to my amazement everything worked relatively hassle free, and he only lost a few hours worth of updated files.

Just because i want to cover all bases after this incident, i would like to set up an extra backup process on his computer in addition to the time machine backup.

I would like to backup two specific work folders on his computer to a USB thumb drive, but i would like it to be an automated process where all he needs to do is plug the thumb drive in, and the process starts and completes automatically. Can anyone recommend a reliable application that does just this?

Thanks
sdh1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
backup, lion, time machine, usb