Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
On first boot there is a big white screen and I noticed....... A dead pixel (or a cluster not sure) I will have to live with it I think....

Oh! I'm really sorry for you.
Now, let's hope that after the black screen (on which a lonely dead pixel can be noticed), with some "real content" displayed, you won't notice that dead pixel anymore! :eek:

DeafRaiders

macrumors regular
What reason did they give?? If it was definite then I wonder why the UPS site has not been updated with the 20th?

Infact, I have just found this info on my status....

Shipment Progress:Unload scan - East Midlands Airpor, , GB
Mines states the same I spoke and the still insist it will be here tomorrow from midlands to Scotland is a 5hours drive. Here's hoping!!

pontusn

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2012
This looks odd (TNT):

17 Dec 2012 18:04:18 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
17 Dec 2012 17:53:02 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
17 Dec 2012 16:54:39 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.

It went from Arnhem to Arnhem and then away from Arnhem? xD

Mine did the same!! Weird!!!
But now its on its way to the Helsingborg hub (30min drive from my house)
So i think yours will be close to you soon aswell

Anyone else waiting in the south of sweden got status from TNT at Helsingborg??

kyrrebs

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Molde, Norway
My status just changed to "Delivery date set by delivery company, see estimated delivery time." I still can't track any movement on either TNT nor UPS. Mine was shipped on Dec 12th. Does this mean that the delivery company, which ever that may be, has settled for the estimated delivery date, regardless of where it's at at the moment?!?! *argh*:confused::mad:

Gascogne

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Sweden
Just called Apple to see if they could track my imac and they could. ;)

It seems that my imac is in Luxemburg at the moment on its way to a hub in Holland (Venray) to be merged with applecare and office. :p

Come on Santa let it be delivered to me before christmas!

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
Delivered a couple of hours ago. Everything going fine with setup. Boy is the screen big—had to move it back a bit.

One very happy bunny. :)

Great to hear that!

Mine's on its way... :eek:

TNT said:
18 Dec 2012 13:53:51 Zurich Shipment In Transit.
18 Dec 2012 12:14:00 Zurich Shipment To Be Sent To New Address As Sender/receiver Requested.
18 Dec 2012 08:52:36 Zurich Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
18 Dec 2012 04:22:51 Zurich Shipment Release From Customs Or Other Agency.
17 Dec 2012 17:20:15 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
15 Dec 2012 00:41:38 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
14 Dec 2012 23:02:06 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Transit Point.
14 Dec 2012 22:49:00 Shanghai Shipment In Transit.
14 Dec 2012 22:44:11 Shanghai Shipment In Transit.
14 Dec 2012 21:04:22 Shanghai Shipment Collected From Sender.

So excited!!! :p

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Mine did the same!! Weird!!!
But now its on its way to the Helsingborg hub (30min drive from my house)
So i think yours will be close to you soon aswell

Anyone else waiting in the south of sweden got status from TNT at Helsingborg??

Im in Linköping and the latest update for me is still Arnhem. It's due for friday though so they might not be stressing themselves. ^^

sjz88

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Half past 4 and still no sign of the TNT truck carrying my beloved iMac :(((
Only 1 1/2 hours left for them to deliver.
Taking today off was such a waste since I would be home now anyway...

ashleypenny

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
For those part of Kolngate, I just spoke to UPS on the phone and the advisor said that they are still on the trip from Koln as the flight was delayed due to mechanical trouble - the reason that the status shows different on the livechat page is that is the next step in the scanning process apparently, however he was still confident that a later flight would make it here and it would still be delivered on time. Not sure who is telling the truth really but as long as it comes tomorrow who cares!

Bagpuss66

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Half past 4 and still no sign of the TNT truck carrying my beloved iMac :(((
Only 1 1/2 hours left for them to deliver.
Taking today off was such a waste since I would be home now anyway...
Always the way!! I used to work for Royal Mail and believe me this time of year is hell!! I'd imagine the driver will go over his time. Good luck!

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Just called Apple to see if they could track my imac and they could. ;)

It seems that my imac is in Luxemburg at the moment on its way to a hub in Holland (Venray) to be merged with applecare and office. :p

Come on Santa let it be delivered to me before christmas!

I don't get why they can't share this info on the tracking page if they actually have this info. I for sure would like to know where my Mac is??? :(

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
For those part of Kolngate, I just spoke to UPS on the phone and the advisor said that they are still on the trip from Koln as the flight was delayed due to mechanical trouble - the reason that the status shows different on the livechat page is that is the next step in the scanning process apparently, however he was still confident that a later flight would make it here and it would still be delivered on time. Not sure who is telling the truth really but as long as it comes tomorrow who cares!

I have had a different story via Live Chat:

ME: Hi, my order seems to have lost its scheduled delivery date. Is it still the 19th Dec?
UPS: Just a moment while I review your tracking information.
UPS: The shipment is still scheduled for delivery by end of day on the 19th, pending normal customs clearance. However we have been notified about some delays due to flight mechanical issues, my advice will be to continue monitoring online for updates.

ME: Good. Is it still in Germany?
UPS: The last scan was in the U.K., today in the morning.
ME: OK, that isn't showing on my tracking page but sounds promising. Thanks for your help.
UPS: You're welcome. Thanks for contacting us. Goodbye.

dogegg

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
IT'S HERE!!!

Good job Apple, 9 days early and looks initially to be in immaculate condition. Now to have a play :D

Good luck to the rest of you guys waiting

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
IT'S HERE!!!

Good job Apple, 9 days early and looks initially to be in immaculate condition. Now to have a play :D

Good luck to the rest of you guys waiting

Good news. Usually people disappear from threads like this the minute they get their goodies. See if you can do a real-world review of your experience or something to keep the rest of us going!!

MightyWhite

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
Oxford UK
Nooooo, surely that cannot be acceptable. I would call up Apple if I were you.

I called Apple (well they called me) I did not want to sound like a brat with a couple of dead pixels..

They said they would not stand for dead pixels and would send me a new one immediately...

I told them no rush as I can live with it at the moment and too many people are waiting but they said they have spares for these situations..

I can continue to use this one until I get the new one and ten just have to send this one bac a week later after I have transferred files etc.

Apple are bloody good!!!! But I feel bad that I may have a second one while people are still waiting though...

Lenut

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Barcelona
Yesterday's night delivery date change TO THE 20TH at the end went back to its original 19th :) looks like my iMAC didnt miss the morning flight after all:

de Llobreg, Spain 18/12/2012 6:06 Arrival Scan
18/12/2012 5:15 Late airplane.
Koeln, Germany 18/12/2012 4:15 Departure Scan
18/12/2012 0:06 Import Scan
Koeln, Germany 17/12/2012 23:52 Import Scan
Koeln, Germany 16/12/2012 16:56 Arrival Scan
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 16/12/2012 12:52 Departure Scan
16/12/2012 10:36 Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 16/12/2012 4:53 Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 23:22 Export Scan
14/12/2012 18:00 Arrival Scan
14/12/2012 14:29 Departure Scan
14/12/2012 12:52 Origin Scan
China 14/12/2012 23:18 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

TOMORROW IS THE DELIVERY DAY!!!! YAAAAAAAAHUUUUUUUUUUU :D

**** off mine its still in germany wtf ;(

dogegg

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Good news. Usually people disappear from threads like this the minute they get their goodies. See if you can do a real-world review of your experience or something to keep the rest of us going!!

Yeah will try. Currently waiting for it to load my data from a TM back-up. First impression is awe of its size. I'm moving from a 15" MBP so this absolutely dwarfs it! The first thing I did was install another 16GB of RAM but as I'm yet to play properly the only indication of success is that is loading my data. Will update later :)

gocsan

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2011
London UK
Apple are bloody good!!!! But I feel bad that I may have a second one while people are still waiting though...

This is why I love Apple, I've never come across any bad experience with their customer service and they have always exceeded my expectations. Hope it remains this way for many years to come.

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
**** off mine its still in germany wtf ;(

That cant be man, I am sure they just didnt update your tracking status because there was a flight delay this morning and they might have more work than usual to catch up, our both iMAC's were on the same flights from China to Germany, they cant have split them, to Barcelona as its for the same zone.

At the worst case, check tomorrow flight's for (UPS242)on http://www.flightradar24.com/ which is the one coming from Germany to BCN.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.