Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Mdv2
macrumors regular

Why is Firefox so slow?

I've been using Firefox for years and refuse to abandon it as I am very fond of the initiative. Flash and Mac has never really been a good combination. I can't understand why Mac's still run crazy hot (or is it just mine?) when Youtube videos are loaded. Not just that, but sites like www.uefa.com and www.transfermarkt.de load irritatingly slow - even when a Flash blocker is used.

It takes Firefox 9 seconds to load www.transfermarkt.de whereas Safari does the job in just 4(!) seconds.

Another reason why I will continue to use Firefox is the multirow bookmark bar, which I really love, but these issues with Flash and slowness are rather annoying.

Is it just me or do you all have these issues?
Mdv2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store