Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1551
vodavoda
macrumors member

Still undecided on rear. Currently using sticker boy clear skin.

vodavoda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:11 AM   #1552
Josh333
macrumors newbie

I have the Fireti titanium front and back combo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	541.1 KB
ID:	386897  
Josh333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:13 AM   #1553
Josh333
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh333 View Post
I have the Fireti titanium front and back combo.
Here's the back. Sorry about the low light.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	107
Size:	812.7 KB
ID:	386904  
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1554
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
This combination looks fantastic. Very creative of you to put it together. To bad it cost close to $300 dollars to put together.

I'm surprised the O rings fit under the Sector 5.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:14 PM   #1555
Dexy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyIsland View Post
GadgetMac posted their detailed review on the FE. Positive for the most part. http://gadgetmac.com/reviews/element...se-review.html

Anyone have this LockBacground wallpaper that guys using it in this review?
Dexy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:59 PM   #1556
Josh333
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
This combination looks fantastic. Very creative of you to put it together. To bad it cost close to $300 dollars to put together.

I'm surprised the O rings fit under the Sector 5.
Thanks, I actually had to shave down the center of the O ringings to get them to fit.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:24 PM   #1557
Misaflow
macrumors newbie

Hello guys, newbie here.

I just wanna ask, does this case really do have lay on table on the front side of the phone? Because I already installed mine and notice that, the back side do have the lip while the front side barely have, in fact it doesn't have provide the lay on table if i put the phone front side down.

Just wanna know if I'm positioning the phone wrongly in the bracket or; its normal for this case.

Thanks.
Misaflow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:56 PM   #1558
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaflow View Post
Hello guys, newbie here.

I just wanna ask, does this case really do have lay on table on the front side of the phone? Because I already installed mine and notice that, the back side do have the lip while the front side barely have, in fact it doesn't have provide the lay on table if i put the phone front side down.

Just wanna know if I'm positioning the phone wrongly in the bracket or; its normal for this case.

Thanks.
Mine is closer on the front than the back, but there is some slight lay on the table protection for the front
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1559
Cosmos01
macrumors member

Quote:
That looks absolutely incredible. I really want to get one but am only interested in the backplate. Do you think that the backplate could be attached to the back of the iPhone 5 using 3M adhesive tape?
Cosmos01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1560
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbarras View Post
Dont know why pics didnt show up but here ya go.
Do you have a link to the back?
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:41 PM   #1561
ndbarras
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
Do you have a link to the back?
That's the back that is included with the sector 5 black ops. It's a g10 backplate made by vz grips, element said they will be offering it seperately soon.
ndbarras is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:43 PM   #1562
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbarras View Post
That's the back that is included with the sector 5 black ops. It's a g10 backplate made by vz grips, element said they will be offering it seperately soon.
Thanks!
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:57 PM   #1563
Misaflow
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
Mine is closer on the front than the back, but there is some slight lay on the table protection for the front
Okay.. I guess its normal.. Real close on mine. If I put my phone front side down, the top left area touch :/
Its just that I'm already get used with the gap on my previous phone has, Vapor Pro Spectra.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
Misaflow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1564
PabloHerrera
macrumors newbie

Denver Broncos iPhone

My Sector 5 case in silver. GO BRONCOS!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	387264   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	387265   Click image for larger version

Views:	58
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	387266  

PabloHerrera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1565
Josh333
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos01 View Post
That looks absolutely incredible. I really want to get one but am only interested in the backplate. Do you think that the backplate could be attached to the back of the iPhone 5 using 3M adhesive tape?
It can be, I actually had it attaced that way at first.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:15 AM   #1566
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaflow View Post
Okay.. I guess its normal.. Real close on mine. If I put my phone front side down, the top left area touch :/
Its just that I'm already get used with the gap on my previous phone has, Vapor Pro Spectra.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
Mine has lay on the table protection in the front also, not as much as the back but still enough even with a screen protector on, you might want to try to reposition it
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:07 AM   #1567
rjbeh
macrumors regular

Here's mine. Bought FE and Black Ops.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0017.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	387373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	387374   Click image for larger version

Name:	151667030394.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	387375  

Name:	151667081441.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	405.7 KB
ID:	387376  

Last edited by rjbeh; Jan 2, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
rjbeh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:21 AM   #1568
pokenguyen
macrumors member

Which do you prefer? Can you please post more pictures of Black Ops version.
pokenguyen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:59 AM   #1569
rjbeh
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenguyen View Post
Which do you prefer? Can you please post more pictures of Black Ops version.
i prefer the FE actually for the contrast look, but the Black Ops gives the black iPhone a stealth look thats the reason why i buy both so i can switch around everyday
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	151917885955.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	387379   Click image for larger version

Name:	151917694079.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	387380  
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:11 AM   #1570
pokenguyen
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbeh View Post
i prefer the FE actually for the contrast look, but the Black Ops gives the black iPhone a stealth look thats the reason why i buy both so i can switch around everyday
I agree, the FE version looks standout more than the stealth Black Ops. However, I find BO cooler, especially with the included holster. Have you tried it?
pokenguyen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:14 AM   #1571
rjbeh
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenguyen View Post
I agree, the FE version looks standout more than the stealth Black Ops. However, I find BO cooler, especially with the included holster. Have you tried it?
Yep tried it, but its abit tight and i worry over time it will make the anodize aluminum drop its paint... or probably i'm being too paranoid...
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:53 PM   #1572
akiraboi
macrumors member

All these great pictures make me excited about receiving my case tomorrow! After seeing all the delayed order posts from those who placed orders from Element Case I went ahead and sent emails to some of their authorized resellers. Found a couple that still had the First Editions in stock (color I wanted with black hinges and screws) and was able to get that shipped out within a day.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1573
ogamiitto
macrumors newbie

hey, people....first post here.

real quick, i just wanted to thank all of you who have posted here to share your thoughts and pictures on this product. it really helps those of us who want to do research on this stuff before we buy. so thanks!

while i haven't looked at every page in this thread....i haven't found many comments from anyone who've ordered the Ronin. well , i did read a negative one....so , there's that.

regardless, i went ahead and ordered one. i think it looks beautiful. maybe it because i personally like the feel of wood and smell/feel of leather on the wallet case that comes with it.

while i dig the look of the sectcor 5 and the black ops....the real selling point to me was the wallet case. i can see using that...unlike the black ops case ( i'm not the clip your phone to the belt type) or the sector 5 one( seems a little to bulky to fit in a pants pocket. not to mention the zipper aspect of it makes it a little more inconvenient to take my phone in and out of.

the leather backplate is cool too. i can see keeping that clean a lot easier that the suede one.

seeing a lot of your photos here on these cases , is making me feel like picking up the sector 5. that in silver is probably the best look for the white iPhone 5 IMO.

now, i have a iphone 5 in white. i don't think that looks as good as the black one in the Ronin case....so i hopped on over to sticker boy and got a matt black wrap, which looks pretty sharp.

i ordered on the 24th of Dec., and at the time they said they were shipping on the 27th. now it says they are shipping on Jan. 7th......does anybody know if that's for recent orders only.....or did they just delay delivery?

Last edited by ogamiitto; Jan 2, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
ogamiitto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1574
akiraboi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogamiitto View Post
i ordered on the 24th of Dec., and at the time they said they were shipping on the 27th. now it says they are shipping on Jan. 7th......does anybody know if that's for recent orders only.....or did they just delay delivery?
Do you mean you ordered the Sector 5 Silver and it's being delayed? Seems like that's a common theme here. You might have better luck contacting one of their authorized resellers (like I did) and seeing if they have stock on hand for immediate shipping. If so you'll have your case in hand sooner and won't have to wait around for a ship date that seems to be a moving target right now.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:00 AM   #1575
ogamiitto
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiraboi View Post
Do you mean you ordered the Sector 5 Silver and it's being delayed? Seems like that's a common theme here. You might have better luck contacting one of their authorized resellers (like I did) and seeing if they have stock on hand for immediate shipping. If so you'll have your case in hand sooner and won't have to wait around for a ship date that seems to be a moving target right now.

i did read your post on that....and that's a great idea. but, i ordered the Ronin actually, and seeing all your pics in this thread of your Sector 5s i was tempted to get one. that's what i meant to get across.

the question i have now, is that when i ordered that Ronin on Dec. 24th, they warned you on the site that shipping wouldn't start on any of their iphone 5 cases until the 27th. now i check the site, and the dates been changed to january 7th. so, i wondering if that's for orders that took place after the 27th, or are the delaying shipping for all orders?

when i log onto their site and read my invoice it still reads shipping the 27th, and it states that i can't edit the order because it's in the final stages of processing.....i'm hoping that's the case and not some default answer.

all you guys here have made me into some case freak. i blame all of you for my impatience
ogamiitto is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories