Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Hoping it also fixes the problem of the iPhone 5 hanging in No Service mode. It's such a pain.

This is an age old 'glitch' that has affected many generations of iPhone. Its a PITA when you get it and there seems to be no logical explanation or fix for it either.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I have the 6.0.2 update in the "Software Update"

I wonder if it will help me use my metal case? :( I have a cool Superman case that kills my wi-fi and cellular signal.
But I also want to JB so don’t want to update.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico

I wonder if it will help me use my metal case? :( I have a cool Superman case that kills my wi-fi and cellular signal.

the JB will most likely be released till 6.1 but keep on eye on the dev team's twitter accounts maybe Apple
"did something"

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010

HAHAAAH good one!

Oh, he wasn't kidding? So sad.

iphoneclassic

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
USA
Come on Apple. Forstall is gone now. Still having issues with updates. Bring back your old quality test procedures. Or dog ate those. Get rid of the Forstall jinx. Get back in the groove.

iOS 5 updates had trouble.
iOS 5 to iOS6 had issues.
iOS 6.0.1 need a app install for OTA to work.
Apple TV update fails over LAN, only works thru WiFi.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I never update my software right away. I have to wait to see if there are any glitches that come along with it.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
My iPhone 5 had to reboot twice after installing 6.0.2. I am hoping it would fix 2 WiFi issues:
  1. WiFi signal strength almost always reporting 1 bar.
  2. Logging into WiFi hotspot requires turning off Cellular Data first in order to open the Hotspot's login/terms of service page.

So far so good. It is now reporting 3 bars.

c0venant

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
I intend on jailbreaking my i5 once it comes out. Should I update my phone or is it going to lose compatibility?

haroldinho

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
IMG_1442.PNG

There is something awesome about deploying an OTA update to fix a wi-fi problem. Just sayin'.

mine updated fine

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is an age old 'glitch' that has affected many generations of iPhone. Its a PITA when you get it and there seems to be no logical explanation or fix for it either.

The phone is probably trying desperately to detect a network connection, hence he "hang". Eventually it should tell you there's no network connection. Are you saying it doesn't do this? Any particular apps that you use where this is problematic?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.