Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:20 PM   #1
ryanstewart
macrumors member

Can someone help me understand iPhoto Events? ('11)

Hey everybody!

I've never really liked iPhoto, and am now trying to figure it out a bit better and make it more useful to me. I don't really get the point of "Events". I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and Photo Stream turned on, and that's where most of my photos come from. However, I often save images that I get sent through iMessages/emails from friends and family.

The only setting I can find related to events is under the General Preferences, where I have "Autosplit into Events" set to "One event per week". Can someone explain what this really means? Does that means that every week it will create an event with photos from the last 7 days? Because looking back over the last couple of months, I tend to have a couple of events per month, and then one event for that months Photostream. But I definitely take at least 5 photos per week.

Also, I just imported a photo and a video from my internal drive into iPhoto, and while it shows up under the "Photos" section, it did not create a new event. The creation date for the video was today, so there's no way it would've been added to an old event. Are events supposed to contain your entire photo library?

I'd like to make events useful to me, but I don't really know how to do that. Thanks for the help!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Tags
events, import, iphone, iphoto, photo stream