Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I have 4 cell phones on verizon for my family (customers for many years). My daughter's line isn't up for an upgrade till May 2013. She initially had a Droid which was a dud, so I picked up early this year an iPHone 4 on ebay. I would love to get the iPhone 5 now for her (2yr contract extension is fine), but Verizon is saying that since the phone is so hot, they can't do it. This doesn't seem to make sense since if I bought a 5th line I could get it, so should have nothing to do with the iPHone, but should only have to do with the payoff of the Droid.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with verizon on this. I thought they would let you pay off the old phone based on months left.

Thanks.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Did you talk to someone on the phone about this? Just check Apple online at night and see if they have any Verizon iPhone 5 available for I store pickup and just add a line and give the phone to your daughter.

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Sadly, none are. I thougt about adding the fifth line and changing my daughters to that number and keeping the 4th till it runs out. Actually significantly cheaper than buying at cost the iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.